[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - What Games are you all Playing?

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

What Games are you all Playing?

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: What Games are you all Playing?

Postby Red Omen on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:39 pm

THE INTERNET: Do you enjoy something? Fuck that thing you enjoy.
Red Omen
Sit, Admin, Sit! Good Admin!

Postby dkhighwind on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:42 pm

I enjoy you, RO.
dkhighwind
Tarantula

Postby Xerox on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:42 pm

Xerox
Cantaloupe Island

Postby Red Omen on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Red Omen

Postby leokef on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:00 pm

leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Red Omen on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

name a video game

a single video game

that takes the difference between dextro- and levo-amino acids into account when discussing the incompatibility between species that evolved in disparate environments

that is what i am getting at
Red Omen

Postby leokef on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Kabuki Quantum Fighter.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Blitz on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Ace, if you play The Ur-Quan Masters, make sure to use a spoiler-free walkthrough. Otherwise you will probably just fly around for ten minutes and then get blown up by an Ilwrath and quit.

I know this because it is exactly what happened to me!
Blitz
Oingo Boingo

Postby Red Omen on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:07 pm

I couldn't really get into it until a friend who'd played it before went through it with me.

Keep a notebook. Write down coordinates and any tidbits of information that seem significant - and some that don't.
Red Omen

Postby dkhighwind on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:37 pm

StarCon2 is an extremely hard game to get into without some prior knowledge, that's for damn sure. This is the advice I would give that's spoiler-free as much as possible but still honors the fact that you will generally need at least a little help. Putting it behind a spoiler wall juuuuust in case you don't want it.

Also, this might be worth it.
dkhighwind
Tarantula

Postby Ace! on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:13 pm

Thanks guys! I might come back in a few months and ask you for all this again! I'm going to keep the info in my bookmarks just in case...

I think once KOTOR is over, I'm going to get back to Lost Odyssey, or at least I'm going to try. It's been over a year since I played and I have no memory of what's really happening. I also might play through all the Star Wars FPS games, as I picked up that pack on Steam. I had Dark Forces in high school and it was fun, but I'm looking forward to a good shooter.

I'll be back in Portland at the end of the month, and I have a few DS games to trade up along with a little extra cash, so I'm contemplating the Sexbox games I'm going to bring back. I'm looking for things that are under $20. I did find a rental service out here, so some newer things won't be necessary. I'm thinking Bioshock 2 (and maybe 1 again, if the price is right) and Mass Effect. I thought about Gears of War 2, but a friend of mine just got it out here, so I might try to borrow it.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Ace! on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:17 pm

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Red Omen on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:19 pm

Red Omen

Postby gorv on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:57 pm

gorv
Inertia

Postby Ace! on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:22 pm

While that honestly isn't saying a lot, I loved what I played. I think I made it to the second disc before I moved from Boston, and I didn't have hours at a time to play when I was in Honolulu. I think I need to start it up soon and figure out where I am.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!