[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - What are you listening to?

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

What are you listening to?

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby Smasha on Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:29 am

He had a very salient sig, once. Pixel art of some man in a robe, I believe speaking to tiny men on a table.
Smasha
Cantaloupe Island

Postby Martin Penwald on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:39 am

Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby soujiRo on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:43 am

I just got this cd. It's the last copy on the shelf, or rather hidden behind all the other popular cds. Glad I got it. Its violin/instrumental versions of popular tunes from Ghibli releases. Included anime are Spirited Away, Princess Monoke, Nausicaa Of the Valley of the Wind etc. Hope you guys like it!

*Note
I originally used foobar to rip this in V0 but for some weird reason a few tracks had errors on them, most serious was the last track which cut off halfway. So I had no choice but to use WMP to rip it in 320kbps.

soujiRo
Brother Grimm

Postby ploppy on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:27 pm

sold

i love hisaishis work thanks duder!
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby Kingpun on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:57 pm

always appreciated hulk

just heard this on a current affairs program of all things, i should give more classic rap a shot
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby CapnHulk on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:20 am

These next couple of artists have put their albums up for free at .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a sample, unfortunately.

CapnHulk
Etymology

Postby Martin Penwald on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Hardcore Til I Die

Hixxy, Force & Styles, UFO, Breeze; basically an all-star cast of Happy Hardcore.

Awesome.
Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby BaconFat on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:36 am

BaconFat
Teuton

Postby Ace! on Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:43 pm

I've been listening to George Carlin's career, from beginning to end. As a kid, I only had his first three albums, and I still think they're hilarious. I also got to go see him when I was in high school and while he was still funny, he was a lot darker and really angry.

So it's been interesting to start from the earliest album and just run right through to the end. It's also been kind of... disappointing. His early stuff is incredible, a perfect blend of experience and linguistics. It's funny and intelligent. But then, in the 80's he became unfocused and angry, with no purpose. Many of his jokes were just immature and full of hate, instead of saying something he shouted nothing.

Those albums were the hardest to listen to, as they were loud, tedious and simply not funny. I know that was a pretty dark period in his life, and his comedy seems to reflect that. Thankfully he was able to find his focus, to find a balance and to become funny again.

His anger in his last few albums is rational, it is infectious and it is powerful. It's also frequently hilarious. And I'm really glad that he never really strayed from the linguistic stuff, because I think that's Carlin at his funniest.

What does kind of make me sad is the same thing that makes me sad about Lenny Bruce and Richard Pryor: these things will only be funny in the time they are produced. Half of Carlin's stuff and most of Bruce's and Pryor's is very temporary. In one generation it will no longer be relevant and will be less accessible.

Thankfully there are comics in this generation that are funny, thankfully comedy is just as sharp and relevant as it has always been.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Buttercup on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:25 pm

My guilty pleasure is pop-rock. I just can't get enough of it, and I :heart: this song, plus it's pretty constantly suck in my head lately.

Buttercup
Usurper

Postby Buttercup on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:30 pm

I'm in such a weird mood right now. My recently ex boyfriend posted this song a couple weeks ago:

Makes me wanna cry.

So now I'm listening to this:

I need to get into a better mood.....
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby Martin Penwald on Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:06 pm

Modal Soul Classics II - Dedicated To Nujabes
Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby Ace! on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:01 am

Firewater is one of the most instantly listenable bands out there. Their music is always sharp, fast and angry, and it always makes me want to walk a little faster and maybe get into a fight. Most "angry" music is full of shit, but Firewater actually SOUNDS angry.

Their last album, The Golden Hour, was created after their creative force, Tod A, traveled through Southeast Asia for two years. He's one of the few people who actually left the country when Bush was elected instead of just saying he was going to.

And The Golden Hour is a record of that journey, more or less. He incorporates the musical styles of the region into his own narrative of leaving the United States, living abroad and returning. And I never really liked it as much as I felt I should have. I admired it a lot, but it never struck me like any of their previous albums.

Last night, walking through Tainan City, some of it hit home. Not the anger at the president bullshit, but the songs that perfectly capture what it was to be drunk at three in the morning, smoking and drinking in the heat, wondering exactly what it was that brought you here and why you've stayed. At the same time, it reminded me that I sometimes miss being there, smoking and drinking.

There's a lot of melancholy in that album, one I can relate to more than in any of their other work. The second to last track is about returning home, and how weird it is, how nothing has changed, except maybe things are a little worse. And I get that, and I think anyone who has left home, even if it's to another city, can get that.

Coming home isn't ever actually fun. Things don't freeze, waiting for you to come back. Everything changes, and that sucks.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby mobilisq on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:34 pm

and im pissed that im between jobs

i will be buying it the second i am able
mobilisq
Chutzpah

Postby Horseboy on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:54 am

Have some German pop music.
Horseboy