[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - Attn: Computer Dorks! I Need Your Help! (tech help thread)

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

Attn: Computer Dorks! I Need Your Help! (tech help thread)

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: Attn: Computer Dorks! I Need Your Help! (tech help thread)

Postby leokef on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:09 am

I don't have a problem with ATI. My dead card's an 8800, and here I am using my old X800 Pro as backup. That's a good card you linked, no doubt. I just need something for uhh, half that much maybe. Tom's Hardware says 4850 in my price range. Can I go wrong?
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Flamewave on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:20 pm

Best bang for the buck on NewEgg in the sub-$100 category would be the Asus GTS 250. Benches better in a lot of things (a few things worse, but that's how that goes) than the 4850 for right around the same price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814121381

Normally I prefer ATi cards but I don't think you could go wrong with this.
Flamewave
Usurper

Postby leokef on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:03 pm

I'm going with your recommendation, Flamewave. $80 after rebate is doable. I trust Asus enough to have one of their mobos. May as well go with their video card.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Ace! on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:15 am

I've encountered a problem with TVersity that I've never seen before. It happened specifically with an AVI file of Twin Peaks.

The video starts to play, but it stutters and there's no fixing it. It'll play just fine on my computer, but not on the Sexbox. I've installed the CCCP codec set just to see if that helps, but it does not.

Any ideas from any potential TVersity users?

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Alceste on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:27 pm

For lack of a better place to ask:

So I've got excellent torrent sites for movies, shows, music, and games, but nothing covering ebooks or education material very well. Anyone have any recommendations if there's anything out there?
Alceste
Usurper

Postby Ace! on Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:05 pm

If memory serves, Demonoid had a lot of books and education resources, oddly enough.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby leokef on Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:36 pm

leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Ace! on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:08 pm

I'll try converting it to something else. I had a whole fiasco yesterday trying to make Windows Media Player stream to the XBOX. I never made it work, no descriptions ever dealt with the issues I was having and TVersity stopped working.

Twin Peaks is the only show in three years that hasn't worked with TVersity. That's not a bad track record, and it's not worth majorly fucking things up for.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Alceste on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:45 pm

Alceste
Usurper

Postby leokef on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:39 pm

leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Buttercup on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:01 am

I'm gonna make wideruled come in here and try to help you. We could never get tversity to work with the ps3, but maybe it'll be better with the xbox.
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby Wideruled on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:11 am

Wideruled
Turkish Delight

Postby Ace! on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:52 am

See, I wrote down the code, but then Microsoft's webpage never asked me for it! And the help pages never even mentioned codes, and the links to let me update my Sexbox led me to the "Ooops! We moved!" page! I have seriously never had a TVersity problem until right now.

I did change the file though, and now it works! It's so damn easy!

Also, don't remind me about Netfllix, man... I miss it so much... They won't let me stream to Taiwan! Fuckers.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby BaconFat on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:58 am

I think my 8800GTS is cactus, now!! I've been having the occasional freeze which I figured was due to the VGA card... plus a few other things. It's fan is still spinning but since my last restart I can't get anything to appear on either monitor... anything I can try? Or do I have to assume its dead in the water.
BaconFat
Teuton

Postby BaconFat on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:20 am

OK assuming it's dead I will also need help picking a card!

BONUS CHALLENGE

You can't use any good sites like newegg because they don't ship here!!

Please help me choose one from this: http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf (they are sort of in the middle of page 1 if you get lost in that wonderful layout)

I don't need anything too hot. I guess anything less than $200. To be honest I'm going to be happy with anything that is as good as the 8800 (and has 2xDVI output) but could be convinced to splurge a bit... I'll probably do a proper upgrade of my rig within the next 18 months anyway.
BaconFat
Teuton

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!