[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - Attn: Computer Dorks! I Need Your Help! (tech help thread)

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

Attn: Computer Dorks! I Need Your Help! (tech help thread)

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: Attn: Computer Dorks! I Need Your Help! (tech help thread)

Postby Ace! on Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:35 pm

Has anyone ever tried to hardcode subtitles onto a video? VLC seems to have an option, but it doesn't actually work, I don't think. Has anyone had any experience with this ever?

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby leokef on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Any Video Converter will do that for you pretty easily. Name subtitles same as the video file, then add the video into AVC and at the bottom of the audio conversion settings there is a subtitle option. Bam. The default size and font will probably work. Otherwise you might need to tinker in the general options, subtitle settings to make them a little larger and more prominent.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby gorv on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Ok so, i might be getting a smartphone. I'm on Verizon, and I'm leaning towards Android. I also don't know jack shit about smartphones.

Advise me.
gorv
Inertia

Postby Sauzer on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Sauzer
Immoderator

Postby mulligan on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:50 pm

mulligan
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Postby leokef on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:08 pm

It hardcodes. Not the best subtitling software, but I figure Ace is accustomed to using AVC already.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby gorv on Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:23 pm

www.techpowerup.com/articles/ overclocking/vidcard/159

looking for a new video card?
gorv
Inertia

Postby gorv on Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:50 pm

Ok so I got a droid x and am posting on it now actually. So you dudes that know these things, what all apps and other do I need/need to do?
gorv
Inertia

Postby leokef on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:19 pm

Updated Fedora on the other comp in the house. Went from 9 to 14. Now for some reason my old wifi USB adapter won't work properly. It sees the network but can't connect to it. It tries to, but never goes through. It seems to be configured perfectly. The quirk is that the device reads "inactive" in the network manager. When I tinker with the settings so that I can activate the device manually, it fails to activate. Tells me it couldn't establish a link, check the cable.

This problem has been hell to troubleshoot, and it completely makes me rethink using linux.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Alceste on Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:39 pm

So I got for Xmas. Naturally, I'm having problems with it - namely that on start-up my computer recognizes the drive, name and the SATA slot it's in, but then simply stalls on that screen and does nothing.

I've got quite , which I'm going to guess is the problem. Not sure, though, as I'm not certain as to how to verify if this is the case or not.

Also, it's simply going to be a secondary drive. My main drive is connected through IDE.
Alceste
Usurper

Postby Horseboy on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Have some German pop music.
Horseboy
Left Tackle

Postby leokef on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Actually, I couldn't get the adapter to work with Windows Vista after a cursory install. Still, I know for a fact the adapter should work in Linux. Linux recognized the adapter and loaded the appropriate drivers for it. I checked the drivers out and they were supposed to work with my model of device, although I could only find moderate assurance they worked with my particular adapter's chipset. I threw up my hands with the native drivers and decided to give ndiswrapper a try, but unfortunately found that ndiswrapper does not work with my adapter.

I also tried installing Fedora 13 for the hell of it, but whatever update to the distro that rendered my device incompatible must have come before that. So I finally gave up and bought a new wifi adapter, Belkin's basic Wireless-G adapter. Fedora didn't even recognize that one. So I had to go back to the store and exchange it for a Netgear adapter which worked at long last.

Whole lot of trouble, but educational too. Now I know to check for hardware compatibility before I go off making any upgrades or purchases.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Eulogic on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:12 pm

Eulogic
The Problem

Previous

Return to Serious Business!