[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - today's achewood

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

today's achewood

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: today's achewood

Postby pwb on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:48 pm

pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby gorv on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:16 pm

oh i see what you're saying

not every philippe arc can be cute and heartwarming
gorv
Inertia

Postby Ace! on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:16 pm

That's precisely why I like this one. It's him coming of age, first with the business and now with the stunning realization that his mom is old and that you can't ever go home again.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby pwb on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Philippe isn't supposed to come of age! He is five!
pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby Ace! on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:40 pm

My hope is that this arc happens and then is forgotten, like all of the others. My fear is that Phillipe is changed forever.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Ace! on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:58 pm

Man. Just... fuck.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby stan on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:46 am

how old is his kid now anyways
stan
Left Tackle

Postby gorv on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:15 pm

gorv
Inertia

Postby stan on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:09 am

what
stan
Left Tackle

Postby gorv on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:27 pm

you know life will be hard if you're born five
gorv
Inertia

Postby pwb on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:40 pm

pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby Ace! on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:30 am

He takes forever these days, but his stories are still just as effecting.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby ploppy on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:00 am

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04022010

this arc is so well written, this one damn near made me cry.

EDIT

was the straw that broke the camels back. i had no idea onstad was capable of being this amazingly poignant.

i get how you feel pwib and i dont want phil changed either, but god damn it this arc is just so god damn well done. it makes me feel like phil is going to grow up to be the savior of humanity, learning stuff you don't learn till your 30 (or never learn at all for some folk) at 5. i feel like i dont have to worry about him, hes gonna be alright.

man i think this is the best arc in a long long time. it's not the funniest, but easily some of the best written.
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby Ace! on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:20 am

The alt text helps it along, for once, as well. Like in the strip you just posted: He put on a cardigan and track pants and tried to say a goodbye that meant come back again.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby ploppy on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:23 am

yes it's all so beautifuly fleshed out and told so well. it's onstad being onstad but getting away from the humorous constraints that are expected of being onstad. I kind of feel like he wrote this arc for the people (like myself) who have maybe tired of the strip and kind of wandered off because they dont laugh as loud at the stuff like they used to. it's still written really well and you want to love it, but yeah

you can never go home again. but the memories are still there and thats what makes life so wonderful, is having lived the absurd joke it is.

*edit*
and I love the fathers of achewood. they are all men i wish i could have as a dad. they always leave me with that larger than life fatherly sense of awe.

ramses the hoss
simon the caring gentle soul
and phil's dad the reality check

i never really thought about how well written they are and how much i admire them. and it's mostly because they are shades of what i always hoped my father would be, and how disappointing my relationship with him is.

guess who has daddy issues :awesome:
ploppy
Angel's Friend

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!