[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - Recommend me a series...

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

Recommend me a series...

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: Recommend me a series...

Postby Lightbunny on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:42 am

Lightbunny
Pepsi-Cola

Location: Massachusetts. Keeping New Hampshire Nervous Since 2004!

Postby pwb on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:47 pm

pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby Martin Penwald on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Anyone else bothered by actors with holes in their ears?

The first time something like this caught my eye was in season 5 or 6 of 24, where the President of the United States had numerous holes in both ears. I mean, I understand that they aren't going to do the casting based on how many earrings you have or don't have, but come on, the make-up guys should be able to cover the holes up, shouldn't they?
Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby BaconFat on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:40 pm

I have never noticed something like that. I guess its just a thing makeup artists have to make sure they do now that TV is HD.
BaconFat
Teuton

Postby Ace! on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:21 pm

My fiancee and I are watching Twin Peaks. It's my third or fourth time, it's her first. We just made it to season two, and I am in love all over again. She's enjoying it, but I don't think she's getting sucked in like I always do. I'm honestly kind of worried about how she's going to feel when she discovers Laura Palmer's murderer. That's one of those things that I think is only great if you're involved. If I told you who did it, you'd think it was stupid, but if you become invested in the characters, it's awesome. Kind of like Deadly Premonition, the game inspired by Twin Peaks, and my inspiration for another viewing.

Yes, it's goofy in parts, yes, it's not always intentional, but the overall effect is constantly creepy, distressing and sad. Despite the occasional humor and the few silly sideplots, the overall story is just constantly heavy and eerie, and it's endearing. It's also weird to see no cell phones and no computers.

In other news: Walt White is a fucking asshole.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby pwb on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:26 pm

pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby Ace! on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:37 pm

No. I'm about halfway through the second season. And this guy is a total dickhead! I really like the brother in law, though, and would love to see him have his own cliched cop show.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby pwb on Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:59 am

Man, you're making me want to watch Br Ba again. I only saw the second season once so I don't remember too many of the finer details but I know I had a great time watching it and it was even tighter than the first season. I don't have any trouble rooting for Walt, though. It is his show, after all.
pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby BaconFat on Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:06 am

I root for Walt because America is screwed him so who gives a shit if he screws right back.
BaconFat
Teuton

Postby Eulogic on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:38 am

I just finished Veronica Mars. What now?
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby Ace! on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:35 am

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby mobilisq on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:51 am

mobilisq
Chutzpah

Postby ploppy on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:29 pm

ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby pwb on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:15 pm

pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby Martin Penwald on Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:37 pm

Just watched the last episode of the second season of Breaking Bad this morning. Gonna take a break from the series now.

And I simply cannot hate Walt; all my hate is already used up by Skyler and Jesse. God, I hate these characters.

Saul is awesome, though. At least so far. "I know a guy who knows a guy who knows this guy..."
Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!