[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - ...and it made me _____

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

...and it made me _____

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: ...and it made me _____

Postby Alceste on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Totally on that idea. That, or just uttering "Baby... Ruuuth!" throughout the day.

Ace! That particular pit in your stomach feeling is definitely one of the worst you can have. On the other hand, it also really makes you strive to not do it again and work that much harder towards a paradigm ideal so that those noting your fuck-ups will forget that you were the kind of person to have made them in the first place!
Alceste
Usurper

Postby Ace! on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:01 pm

I think the worst part of it all is that I was hired with very little experience teaching elementary school students, which most of these students are, and the school knew that I was taking seven school days off immediately after Chinese New Year. So I was hired on a deficit. My boss took a big chance on me and I fucked it up.

And next week is Chinese New Year, a week off of school. The following week, I'm on vacation. So I look terrible one week before I get a vacation and I have a week to look good just to ease my fears that I will be coming home to unemployment.

I know that there are other jobs, that if I lose this one it'll be easy to find another one, but it'll be a shitty one. It'll be like the ones I've had for the past few years. And I'll feel like a shit, because I'll be a shit.

Anyway, wah wah wah, bitch whine. I have money, I have food, I have a house, I have my health.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Neimonster on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:50 am

Reporting in from Koh Phangan, Thailand.

Neimonster
Usurper

Postby leokef on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:22 am

How's it going over there.

I had a bunch of dreams last night. Maybe four separate ones. I'm having a hard time remembering what all happened in them. In the first I met an old crush from high school. Then in the second, I met her again on a lake and, thinking I was awake, I told her about how I had just dreamed about her. The only thing about the third I can recall is a feeling of terror. So it was a nightmare of some sort. Then in the fourth, I was going to southern Illinois, where they just buried my grandfather. It was summer and the forests had wildly encroached on the developed land.

That was a crazy night.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby gorv on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:00 am

gorv
Inertia

Postby leokef on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:02 pm

I'm mailing out a few resumes today. Should've done this a long time ago, but I never got around to it. I've been unemployed for over a year now and almost all of that time is just a blur to me. It's hard to believe. I just hope I get some responses and soon. I'm getting into a really tight spot financially.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby mobilisq on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:07 pm

probably not the most ideal line of work for you but if there are any hotels in your vicinity that belong to either the starwood or interstate brands you can use me as a reference

i will say good things we just need to exchange real life style information
mobilisq
Chutzpah

Postby Buttercup on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:02 am

Today I won a copy of Fable 2 at work. Even after that, it still felt like the longest Friday ever.
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby Buttercup on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:35 am

I love how eulogic locked all the good threads but couldn't be bothered to delete or lock the spambot thread....
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby Neimonster on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:47 am

Neimonster
Usurper

Postby Horseboy on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:15 am

I bought a pipe.

Have some German pop music.
Horseboy
Left Tackle

Postby Eulogic on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:10 am

Eulogic
The Problem

Postby Horseboy on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:47 am

they sure are annoying because I need an extra click to get to threads now

Horseboy
Left Tackle

Postby Ace! on Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:10 am

Oh, man, there sure is a lot right with Taiwan. Also, a lot wrong with it. I'm working on a checklist and/or a Venn diagram, so that won't be here. I've said before that the food isn't as good as in China. I think I've also said that Taiwan is China without any of the extremes, good or bad.

Well, that's still true. But after a large, fantastic dinner at our favorite outdoor restaurant. One member of our party had been drinking almost nonstop for 24 hours. We ate a lot, and well. Every dish, for the first time at this place, was perfect. We drank eight bomber bottles of Taiwan Beer's 18 day somethingorother (I honestly don't know what this means).

But! After, we went to the nearest Sevvies (7-11) and bought drinks to imbibe outside.

What is the point of all this? I bought whiskey and I've been drinking it and I feel GREAT. I'm watching The Critic right now, and I'm debating playing some Drunk Starfox, because it's been some time. I don't actually know where I'm going with this, but I've been drinking and I love it.

I SAID I LOVE IT.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Horseboy on Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:52 am

I'm applying for a job at a betting shop. Fuck yeah making money from the stupid and the desperate.

Horseboy
Left Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!