[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - The New Beverage Thread

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

The New Beverage Thread

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

The New Beverage Thread

Postby leokef on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:56 pm

I thought we had one but I looked back a few pages and didn't see it so hell with it. Anyway, I'm not a big drinker but I am in the market for something alcoholic for this Sunday's movie night. So we, and by we I mean you, need to get some recommendations going. Film is Over the Top, what's a good drink for OTT.
leokef
The Sandlot

Re: The New Beverage Thread

Postby mobilisq on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:01 pm

a flaming martini
mobilisq
Chutzpah

Postby gorv on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:01 pm

I've been drinking amaretto and milk, its good and gets you drunk fast. It is INCREDIBLY sugary, though. I don't know anything about OTT so it may not be a good drink if you're trying to do a theme here.
gorv
Inertia

Postby ploppy on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:26 pm

Gin and Tonic is simple and inexpensive and you feel like a real high brow mofo drinkin em. Go to specs and get a bottle of Brokers Gin which owns and is inexpensive.
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby mobilisq on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:36 pm

i was at a friends 21st and was the only person there to drink gin and tonic aside from his dad

it was good but i dont know what kind of feeling to apply to this
mobilisq
Chutzpah

Postby ploppy on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:38 pm

also the tom collins rules
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby Fang on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:46 pm

What kind of drinking? Casual, drinking game, or LET'S GET BOMBED?
Fang
Huey Lewis

Postby leokef on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:29 pm

Well I'm not looking to get hammered, I'm just looking to get relaxed. I'll be working the next morning.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Lizz v2 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Lizz v2
Easter Bunny

Postby pwb on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:24 pm

I second the g&t, that's a class drink.
pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby Eulogic on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:10 pm

vault zero

oh wait you want alcoholic

woodchuck 802
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby Red Omen on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:09 am

Red Omen
Sit, Admin, Sit! Good Admin!

Postby Ace! on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:12 am

If you want a gin and tonic, go for New Amsterdam gin. It's really good, and it's twelve bucks a fifth. I would also recommend a Dark and Stormy, which has been my drink of choice for months now. Gosling's dark rum and any straight ginger beer you can find. Gosling's ginger beer is nice, but Bartlett's is better (in an orange can). Goya's is REALLY strong and will burn your nose hairs out. Reed's has fruit juice in it, so it's no good for this drink.

Another nice one that the DK introduced to our house on his recent visit north is Firefly sweet tea vodka with lemonade. It's a perfect summer drink and has been a huge hit. We're almost out, though...

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Tael on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:04 am

Dickie Ward
Put some ice in a highball glass, two ounces of scotch, top up with dry ginger ale and a dash of bitters, then stir. Garnish with a lime wedge if you like that sort of thing.
Tael
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Postby orual on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:35 pm

...asleep on the job...
orual
Cantaloupe Island

Location: In the not-too-distant future, somewhere in time and space

Next

Return to Serious Business!