[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - The New Beverage Thread

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

The New Beverage Thread

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: The New Beverage Thread

Postby rem on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:28 pm

rem
Cantaloupe Island

Postby geko on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:23 pm

mad clown is a piece of shit and victory makes me proud, coming from PA and all.

has anyone had dale's pale ale yet? best canned beer ive ever had, and its all i really drink at my apartment anymore (which isnt much because i live alone and thats depressing) i tried to convince pip to get it once but i dont think he did. oskar blues makes it, if that helps.
geko
Alphabet Soup

Postby Ace! on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:24 pm

When I was in Boston Dale's went through a very terrible time, from what I hear. I tried it and didn't like it much, but doing some reading, everyone said that it had turned terrible in the last year. Wish I was around when they were on an upswing.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby geko on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:26 pm

i dont know, maybe i have bad taste? it just tastes like hops to me
geko
Alphabet Soup

Postby Ace! on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Well, bad batches don't last forever.

I'm having my first Arrogant Bastard in almost a year and...it's not wowing me. I don't know what's wrong with me. I wonder if my physical tastes have changed over the past eight months. Maybe I have aphasia.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby mobilisq on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:03 am

just received this recommendation from a friend in vermont

anyone familiar with it?
mobilisq
Chutzpah

Postby Ace! on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:08 am

Never heard of it.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Horseboy on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:25 am

Have some German pop music.
Horseboy
Left Tackle

Postby Ace! on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:03 pm

So, it's been confirmed. Northwest IPAs have officially pussed out. This news makes me incredibly sad. People bitched about NW IPAs being too strong. Well, that's what fucking pale ales are for! Why in the fuck did they have to ruin MY favorite style when there are more than enough balanced, malty brews out there? Way to fuck up my party, assholes!

I'm also hearing that California hops are being used more frequently than Cascades, which might also account for the sweeter, more rounded flavor. Which would be fine, but again, I don't drink IPAs for a rounded flavor. I drink them to dry out, to cut my tongue. That's what they're for! If I want something rounded, I'll get an ESB, motherfuckers!

So, I got some Dale's Pale and it's quite nice. I'm sorry I ever doubted you, geko. I'm so, so sorry.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby geko on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:38 pm

vindication from ace is the highest of honors. just glad you liked it.
geko
Alphabet Soup

Postby Ace! on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am

I'm in Santa Barbara right now, and we collected some IPAs.

There were some hits, some misses, but one in particular I was reminded of. First, I love the Hebrew brewery, not only because great puns are their bread and butter, but also because all of their beer is fantastic. Their Origin Ale from a few years back was made with pomegranate, and while I normally don't like the fruit, I loved it in this beer. I even quite liked the fig beer and the date beer they made, and I usually hate both fruits.

But the best thing they've probably ever done is the Lenny Bruce Bittersweet Double IPA. Not only does it memorialize the 40th anniversary of Bruce's death (he had, at this point in 2006, been dead as long as he was alive), but it honors the man with a beautiful litany on the label.

Lenny Bruce isn't all that funny these days, because we have had the benefit of the past fifty years. But we wouldn't have anything that we have today if it weren't for that man. He was angry. He was bitter. He was fucking funny. He said "fuck" in a theater and went to jail for it. He went to jail for swearing in public! He had every right to be bitter, and his heroin addiction took him from us. At the same time, I don't know if I'd want to see an 80 year old Lenny Bruce. He'd be showing up in a David Lynch movie as a gas station attendant, or in a drama about a man with a job that the actor never, ever had anything to do with.

Anyway, the beer is fantastic. 10%, incredibly dry and bitter on the tongue with the rounding sweetness of its high percentage at the back, I seriously can't recommend this beer enough if you're a man and like your beers strong and complex.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Ace! on Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Green Tea Sprite. Holy fuck.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby The Tromboner on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:06 am

That sounds pretty incredible, Ace. What's it like?
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby Martin Penwald on Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:04 pm

After all the talk about gin tonics in here, I got myself a bottle of gin and some tonic water.

I'm actually not much of a juniper berry fan, but with a lot of tonic water (probably 1:4), this is some good stuff.
Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby Ace! on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:17 pm

If you find that you really enjoy gin, you should invest in some Bombay Sapphire for good, straight gin, and Hendricks for something a little different. The botanicals in Hendricks add a lot of really nice flavors to the mix.

Green tea Sprite is really, really nice. It's a perfect blend of light, flowery green tea and limon soda.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!