[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - Ace!'s Recipe Thread!

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

Ace!'s Recipe Thread!

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: Ace!'s Recipe Thread!

Postby Martin Penwald on Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:37 am

Those mint chocolate brownies sound quite delicious.
Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby Ace! on Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:52 pm

They really are, and they're so easy to make. I've been trying to think about what other creams I can make. A ginger cream, maybe? Pretty much any extract will do.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Tael on Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:04 pm

Orange would be good.
Tael
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Postby Martin Penwald on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Yup, orange sounds good, too.
Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby leokef on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:12 pm

To Ace and the other fine chefs and gourmands here, what do you do with peppers? I planted some pepper plants this year and it's about harvest time. I've got a couple nice green peppers already, and I'm just waiting for the rest of the bells to change color on the vine (taking forever). I've got a load of giant Marconi peppers coming in. And I've got a few jalapenos. I've enjoyed growing these peppers, but I have no clue how to use them.

I'm also growing zucchini, but I've got a few ideas for it. That said, I'll hear any recipes for zucchini bread or other dishes you folks might have.
Last edited by leokef on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby mobilisq on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:16 pm

leo you should grow mushrooms too

and i mean edible ones

this shit is so fun
mobilisq
Chutzpah

Postby gorv on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:42 pm

gorv
Inertia

Postby pwb on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:23 am

I love me the hell out of some zucchini fries. just gonna throw that out there.
pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby Martin Penwald on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby The Tromboner on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:18 pm

Ace, I tried that French Onion Soup recipe you posted to fairly good results. It was delicious but I definitely let the onions simmer for too long at the start, because they were a bit more blackened than caramelized. I think that's because my oven is powerful and I cut the onions a tad too small. Overall, still really tasty, though. I'll definitely be making it again!
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby Ace! on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:43 pm

I'm so glad you're trying something! That's one reason I started this, both as a chronicle of my adventures and as a depository for recipes. Of course... I haven't tried the other ones that have been posted, so... you know.

I'm making my Greek lasagna and truculent chocolate cake again tonight. I have new people to impress!

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby The Tromboner on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:03 am

Ooh, could you post that recipe for the truculent chocolate cake? That was so good.
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby Ace! on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:33 am

It was the first thing I posted here!

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby leokef on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:23 am

leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Ace! on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:05 am

I forgot to mention! I made mint brownies again, but this time I also made some orange ones and they were maybe even better than the mint ones!

Tonight is Wednesday, so that means I cooked! Tonight, I made eggplant Parmesan using It turned out quite nice, but to be fair, cheese and tomato sauce make almost anything better.

This is only the second or third time I've fried something in my life, and it worked out okay! I was a fool and thought I could make my own bread crumbs, but someone ate the bread I was trying to make stale, so I had to dry some out in the oven and it didn't quite work out the way I wanted. A lot of the crumbs were too big and fell off in the oil, really making the eggplant slices egg fried, but hey. No one complained and someone at the table hadn't eaten eggplant for over fifty years and he liked it! That's an ego boost right there...

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!