[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - Ace!'s Recipe Thread!

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

Ace!'s Recipe Thread!

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: Ace!'s Recipe Thread!

Postby mulligan on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:56 pm

mulligan
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Postby Martin Penwald on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:13 am

Just read the recipe; it sounds delicious.

But how can you not eat eggplant for 50 years? It's so awesome!
Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby Ace! on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:05 am

Tonight I made and it was so much better than I thought it would be! I know it doesn't sound it, but man. The blend of canned litchi juice and onion soup mix was perfect, each mellowing out the other, and the fish absorbed much of the flavor.

Dessert was bacon chocolate chip cookies (much better this time around) and bacon dark rum ice cream. I also found a recipe for litchi five-spice ice cream that I need to do. Maybe next week.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby geko on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:03 am

a girl at work gave me a ghost chili (she grows them!) so im gonna dry it out and make your cake, ace!
geko
Alphabet Soup

Postby Ace! on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:35 pm

If you're man enough (I certainly am not), take a nibble while its fresh and write about it.

When you make the cake, make sure you grind the dried chili up to a fine powder, then maybe also only use it for a half or a quarter of what the recipe calls for, like a substitute for the ground red chilies. I had more success when I used my special chilies along with the red chili powder than when I only used the special chilies.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby leokef on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:33 am

I made some fried rice the other day. Worked out pretty well except the rice got all mushy. The recipe I worked from called for celery, but I used water chestnuts instead because I hate celery.

I scrambled two eggs mixed with a couple tablespoons soy sauce, then set the bits aside. Cooked the rice on the side too--it was just cheap generic rice, boil and sit. Then I sauteed a whole can's worth of water chestnuts, drained, in a big pan with about four cloves of garlic, minced. After a couple minutes, I tossed in some shredded carrot and sliced mushrooms. A couple minutes more and in went the rice and some more soy sauce. After a little while frying that up, I added a half cup of chopped green onion and the scrambled eggs from earlier.

Overall it morphed into a giant mushy mess, but it tasted really good. Probably one of the better tasting recipes I've tried this summer. Although there was plenty of room for improvement. My biggest problem is the mushy rice. Any of you guys know a way to avoid that? I thought of cooking the rice far in advance and chilling it so it loses some moisture. Maybe it was the kind of rice or the cooking of it, though? Or maybe you just have to chop it up in the pan and keep it in bits.

Next time I try this with some beef.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Ace! on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:47 am

You're supposed to be using yesterday's rice. Restaurants that make the best fried rice generally make rice all day, so they took the leftovers and fried them up in the morning. I'd give that a try.

Also, maybe fry it as fast as you can, with very little oil/liquid, keep it from getting moist in the pan. Honestly, I've never been really successful at fried rice, but it can't really be too hard, because people make it on the fucking street. It's just a matter of ingredients and timing, I think.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby leokef on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:56 am

Yeah, makes me want to infiltrate the local Chinese restaurant and learn their secrets--at least what secrets I can stomach. Theirs is always oily but the rice is very firm. I could eat the stuff for a year and not get tired of it.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Leon on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Okay so Is a premade cake mix going to really intefere with the cake? I just got my peppers and am about to go and get gloves and a mask thing.
Leon
Usurper

Location: Where ever the hell I am I probably don't like it all that much.

Postby Ace! on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:11 pm

No, not at all. A mix should be fine.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby BaconFat on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Breaking Bad: Ghost Pepper Unit
BaconFat
Teuton

Postby Leon on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Cool. I shall return when I have sated my need to watch people cry.

No one cried. But the little bit of cake that I tried was awesome.

I used two peppers in the cake, but I think the pepers are smaller than the ones Ace used.
Leon
Usurper

Postby Leon on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:58 pm

I bakes a ground up ghost chili pepper into some brownies.

No one is eating them. :(
Leon
Usurper

Postby Ace! on Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:00 pm

You're a big dude! Make them!

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Ace! on Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Hey, if you need recipe ideas, try or .

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!