[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - The Eulogic Wedding Thread

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

The Eulogic Wedding Thread

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

The Eulogic Wedding Thread

Postby Eulogic on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:54 pm

(for real this time)

THE PRECEREMONY

where we lay our scene

some light reading

the officiant going over the ceremony (c) eulogic 2009. let's hear that string part again.

In short, the ceremony involved people entering to indiepop music, reading stuff written by Rumi, Chaucer, or me, then leaving to indiepop music. Some rings were given, some tears were shed, a ring was dropped, and, all-in-all, it was good and took less than 15 minutes, mostly so we could hurry up and get to the

the ring that was dropped (i didn't do it it was the best man!!)

flowers
Eulogic
The Problem

Re: The Eulogic Wedding Thread

Postby Kingpun on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:56 pm

eulogic is never going to get marreid
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Eulogic on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:27 pm

i am not done yet kingpun!!! god of all the times for unmod to get more than 1 post/day

THE CEREMONY
walking in to instrumental version of crane wife 1 are:

my brother and my grandmother

my best man and geneva's grandmother

my parents (psst i dont think you're supposed to look at the camera dad)

my brother and her mom (heh carefully chosen photo)

the cheese stands alone

maid of honor

dum dum-da-du... oh wait, nevermind, shes walking in to the intro of "the giant of illinois" by andrew bird

somebody call the wahhhhmulance

on the occasion of the dropping of the ring

you can tell this is after the ring was dropped because everyone is laughing :mad:

a poem by Rumi
In the early morning hour,
just before dawn, lover and beloved wake
and take a drink of water.

She asks, “Do you love me or yourself more?
Really, tell the absolute truth.”

He says, “There's nothing left of me.
I’m like a ruby held up to the sunrise.
Is it still a stone, or a world
made of redness? It has no resistance
to sunlight.”

This is how Hallaj said, I am God,
and told the truth!

The ruby and the sunrise are one.
Be courageous and discipline yourself.

Completely become hearing and ear,
and wear this sun-ruby as an earring.

Work. Keep digging your well.
Don’t think about getting off from work.
Water is there somewhere.

Submit to a daily practice.
Your loyalty to that
is a ring on the door.

Keep knocking, and the joy inside
will eventually open a window
and look out to see who’s there.

chaucer, from "the franklin's tale"
For there is one thing I can safely say: that those bound by love must obey each other if they are to keep company long. Love will not be constrained by mastery; when mastery comes, the god of love at once beats his wings, and farewell -- he is gone. Love is a thing as free as any spirit; women naturally desire liberty, and not to be constrained like slaves; and so do men, if I shall tell the truth. See who is the most patient in love; he has the greatest advantage. Patience is surely a great virtue, for it vanquished, as these scholars say, things that rigor would never manage. One cannot scold or complain at every word. Learn to endure patiently, or else, as I live and breathe, you shall learn it whether you want or not. For certainly there is no one in the world who doesn't do or say something amiss. Anger, sickness, or planetary influences, wine, sorrow, or changing of disposition often causes one to do or speak amiss. One cannot be avenged for every wrong; according to the occasion, everyone who knows how, must use temperance. And therefore a wise man, in order to live in comfort, promises his lady forbearance, and she wisely gives her promise to him.

cool story bro

married. i dont know what the dots are on the back of the paper (and they arent there on other pictures) but i assume it is some kind of treasure map.

like a bat out of hell

oh and we exit to the closing credits music from "there will be blood"
Last edited by Eulogic on Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby Eulogic on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:32 pm

THE PORTRAITS

all looked like crap. there is not a single photo where someone in it doesn't look drunk or crazy. i will, however, submit for your approval:

Eulogic
The Problem

Postby leokef on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:52 pm

leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Eulogic on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:53 pm

THE RECEPTION
aka the best reason to have a wedding

first, some background pics of the reception area:

oh no...you didnt!!

oh yes i did!!!

the head table

the food was really good and i am so clever

now fast forward back to where we were:

now presenting mr and mrs blah blah blah

first dance song!! with anime pictures in the background no less!! what more could you want? (this was the embeddable video with the highest quality audio from youtube)

a picture that makes it look like we know how to dance
throughout the evening, i think the only songs we danced to were belle and sebastian "funny little frog," the decemberists "sons and daughters" (mother-son/father-daughter dance), the decemberists "culling of the fold," and gwen stefani "sweet escape (last dance)

we were supposed to have sparkling apple cider but i think it was sparkling grape juice instead (lol cheap-ass couple doesnt spring for champagne)

cool new name

by the power of grayskull

this is not the ideal way to eat cake!!!

mmm twice the cake (mine was german chocolate and it was better because german chocolate is the best cake)

coffee gross

aww

our sweet escape
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby Eulogic on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:33 pm

Eulogic
The Problem

Postby gorv on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:59 pm

:molto:
gorv
Inertia

Postby mobilisq on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:01 pm

i like your ideas about cake
mobilisq
Chutzpah

Postby Confucius Rex on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Confucius Rex
Usurper

Postby Eulogic on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:29 pm

cause she made the programs, not me

i made the website so it is alexandgeneva.com
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby Flamewave on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:23 pm

Awesome. And yes, german chocolate is the best.
Flamewave
Usurper

Postby Red Omen on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:27 pm

"You're going to start that again? Your name is first on the gate, my name is first on the carriage. Your name is first on the sheets, my name is first on the blankets. Enough is enough!"
Red Omen
Sit, Admin, Sit! Good Admin!

Postby stan on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:32 pm

she is going to divorce you because of your obsession with chasing down evidence of a nonexistent country
stan
Left Tackle

Postby leokef on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:37 pm

When are you going to settle down with a nice young lady, stan.
leokef
The Sandlot

Next

Return to Serious Business!