[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - Let's learn a language.

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

Let's learn a language.

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: Let's learn a language.

Postby Sauzer on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Sauzer
Immoderator

Postby Sauzer on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Sauzer
Immoderator

Postby BaconFat on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:16 am

IDGI
BaconFat
Teuton

Postby Eulogic on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:46 am

free leech days are rare is what he is saying
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby leokef on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 pm

I hope Ragnarok is a bit more exciting than that image would lead us to believe.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Martin Penwald on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:48 am

Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby leokef on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:21 am

Yeah, one thing about taking language classes: seemed like I learned more about language itself taking German than I did when I took English.

I've been trying to remember my German these past few days and most surprisingly, a lot has come back to me. The other day at Wal-mart, I found myself pacing around aimlessly, rediscovering different terms and trying to form basic mental conversations with some success. Think I'll dust off my German textbook and start reading it again.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Smasha on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:31 am

Learning more about how language works and taking less for granted is one of the main benefits of knowing learning languages.
Smasha
Cantaloupe Island

Postby pwb on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:11 pm

I tried to read the French part of a Sriracha bottle yesterday with some pretty hilarious results. I've got Rosetta Stone and Pimsleur and what looks like a pretty sweet series of podcasts so I should really get the ball rolling on this stuff.
pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby Eulogic on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:06 pm

To anyone trying to learn Spanish, there is a Spanish guy on the OCR forums named Godah who is trying to improve his English. He was looking for a native English speaker learning Spanish so you guys could help each other learn your respective languages.

http://ocremix.org/forums/showpost.php? ... stcount=28
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby pwb on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:51 pm

Hey guys remember this thread! I been thinking about it lately and I was just wondering if anyone knew of a place where I could find a Rosetta Stone patch. I have been looking around but I can't find anything that isn't like completely full of trojans, apparently.

If anyone knows and would like to point me in the right direction that would be swell!
pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby Sauzer on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:45 am

a patch for what
Sauzer
Immoderator

Postby pwb on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:35 pm

a patch for rosetta stone. like an activation thing or smth? Idk I'm not sure it's been a while since I tried to install, I just know I had problems with that part, and that all of the torrent descriptions I've read are like "YO WHERE'S THE PATCH?"

anyway I think I might have found what I was looking for
pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby Sauzer on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:56 pm

if you have the same problem i did, google the error code the program gives you - usually a reboot fixes it
Sauzer
Immoderator

Postby pwb on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:16 pm

Thanks bro, I'll give that a shot.
pwb
is pretty rad!

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!