[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - The Tester

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

The Tester

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: The Tester

Postby CapnHulk on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:53 am

CapnHulk
Etymology

Postby leokef on Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:55 am

There's a preview episode of this up at PSN. Gonna download it and watch tomorrow and give feedback--even if I hate the shit out of reality shows.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby gorv on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:26 pm

Did you end up doing that Leo?

I want to hear tales of horrible things.
gorv
Inertia

Postby leokef on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:18 am

I downloaded a couple episodes of this way back when but still haven't gotten around to watching them. It's not so much that they appear trashy. If they were purely trashy, then it'd probably be no problem. These just have the appearance of being unremarkable reality show stuff. But we shall see. I'll watch the eps I have tomorrow morning--and I suppose I mean it this time.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Ace! on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:35 am

MO-VIE NIGHT
MO-VIE NIGHT
MO-VIE NIGHT

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby leokef on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:40 am

Hey good idea. I'll see if I can copy the eps from my PS3 while I'm at it.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby M_B on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:42 am

Is this show as embarrassingly bad and pathetic as you guys are making it sound?
Or is it worse?
Remember me not as I was.
And not as I am.
Just don't remember me.
Time for me to move on.
M_B
Alphabet Soup

Postby leokef on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:48 pm

All right, I started watching the first episode. As I see the actors (or contestants or whatever) flip out over the videogames at the place they're staying, it makes me think of being a ten year-old on Christmas day, unwrapping presents. Then one of the contestants introduces herself as "Amped" and I have to turn it off. No way I'm watching this by myself. I'll watch it with you suckas on Movie Night.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby M_B on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:43 pm

This sounds really painful to watch.
For better or worse, I'll probably be working on Sunday. I'll join y'all if I'm not, though.
Remember me not as I was.
And not as I am.
Just don't remember me.
Time for me to move on.
M_B
Alphabet Soup

Postby JM_Zen on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:32 am

Yeah, there's no way those are real gamer handles.
JM_Zen
Cantaloupe Island

Postby Neimonster on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:18 am

Neimonster
Usurper

Postby leokef on Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:10 pm

Resurrecting thread...

It's almost time for season 2, and in our movie night, we're almost through the first season--two episodes left I think. It's a uniquely amusing and melancholy experience, watching this show. I hope the second season keeps that up. Here, have a look at

Some notable entries:

* Tripplethreat - Either a misspelling or a reference to Jeanne Tripplehorn.

* Mo Chocolate - According to his bio, a native African who games like it's a real full-time job (in excess 40hrs a week).

* Gaymer - Self-explanatory.

* Big Fazeek - No relationship, no social life, claims to be unemployed and on the dole--and using said funds to purchase games. How this will help him get a job with Sony--unknown.

* Samurai - "Collects swords. Dreams of going to Japan one day." At long last someone representing gamers with Asperger's.

* Max1m - Short for "maximize." Evidently he comes from a family of motivational speakers. With a history of dyslexia.

The contestants seem a lot more interesting and diverse this time, but they continue to be annoying with their focus on contemporary games. Once again, everybody's favorite game is either God of War or Uncharted--except for one nice girl who loves Spyro 2. I don't know if they follow a script written by Sony or if they write their own anticipating what Sony wants to hear, but it's annoying.

My favorite so far is Samurai, but Gaymer sounds like the most reasonable one in the bunch, despite his gay love for Nathan Drake.
leokef
The Sandlot

Previous

Return to Serious Business!