[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - Awesome fights

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

Awesome fights

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Awesome fights

Postby Martin Penwald on Fri May 21, 2010 4:24 pm

geko once mentioned that he wanted to make a thread for awesome fight scenes, but he's a lazy bum, and not even threats could make him create the thread. Instead, he left doing so to me, so here we go: youtubes of cool fights.

I'd like to start off with one of the best Jet Li flicks ever, Fist of Legend.

Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Re: Awesome fights

Postby Martin Penwald on Fri May 21, 2010 4:28 pm

Also, what kind of fight-scene-thread would this be if there weren't any Jackie Chan.

And one of his very best scenes:

Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby leokef on Fri May 21, 2010 5:27 pm

That blindfold fight is pretty awesome.

I remember when this thread was suggested, and I remember what fight scene I was going to post first:

What this lacks in rapid-fire choreography it makes up for with subtext regarding human resistance to radical propositions/truth.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Tael on Fri May 21, 2010 5:29 pm

Tael
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Postby geko on Fri May 21, 2010 10:44 pm

all good fights.

cant seem to find the van damme v lundgren fight from the new universal soldier so instead i offer an ip man fight with one of my favorite martial artists, donnie yen.

the more astute of you may recognize the other guy as ricky from ricky-oh: the story of ricky

another fight from the same movie:

ip man was an old real life kung fu master who trained bruce lee. he was a master of the "one inch punch"

speaking of donnie yen - another great fight vs the legend sammo hung from killzone:
geko
Alphabet Soup

Postby ploppy on Mon May 24, 2010 12:20 pm

a recent fav that blew me away

and if we are gonna put up jackie chan boners then why not?

ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby Martin Penwald on Mon May 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby geko on Mon May 24, 2010 4:24 pm

lol pip good call on the lone wolf fight, totally forgot how sweet some of the action is in those movies.

and since no one specified what kind of fight, i give you one of my favorite gun fights ever: the hospital shootout in hard boiled

and another classic jacky fight, probably my favorite of his
geko
Alphabet Soup

Postby Martin Penwald on Mon May 24, 2010 5:01 pm

Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby Martin Penwald on Mon May 24, 2010 5:10 pm

Ignore the retarded name of the video, enjoy the sword fight:

Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby CapnHulk on Mon May 24, 2010 11:12 pm

"He was the best in Vietnam...and he still is!"
CapnHulk
Etymology

Postby leokef on Mon May 24, 2010 11:47 pm

Ha, reminds me of Fry vs. Zoidberg.

Oh man, can't believe there was a youtube of this. Steve McQueen and Jackie Gleason taking on bar ruffians in the film Soldier in the Rain. This is maybe my second favorite fight scene.

leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Martin Penwald on Fri May 28, 2010 12:49 am

Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby Martin Penwald on Fri May 28, 2010 2:09 am

This might be the scene geko and I talked about way back when:

Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby ploppy on Fri May 28, 2010 8:33 am

hey man the english dub of that movie is awesome and probably sets the standards for what i expect out of an english dub of a kung fu movie. especially jackie chan, god id pay money to see him do stunts and speak english ALL DAY
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Next

Return to Serious Business!