[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - There's an app for that

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

There's an app for that

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

There's an app for that

Postby Eulogic on Mon May 31, 2010 9:37 pm

I recently got a Droid and like it. While not quite at the iPhone level, there are numerous fun apps for the device. Too many to keep track of, really.

That's where this thread comes in. Most people know of Shazam and Pandora, but there are plenty of mobile apps that are equally (or more) cool, but not as popular. Though I personally have a Droid, iPhone apps are also fair game.

Zombie, Run! (Android) is an app that uses Google Maps to generate zombies as obstacles between you and a chosen destination. You first select the speed and density of the zombie population, then choose your destination. Keeping track of you through your phone's GPS, you must avoid the hordes while you make your way to said destination. It basically turns walking into a pretty fun game. There is multiplayer if you have friends with Android phones.
Eulogic
The Problem

Re: There's an app for that

Postby Kingpun on Mon May 31, 2010 9:44 pm

i'll only list apps i have a commercial interest in. please buy only 99c at istore
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Kingpun on Mon May 31, 2010 9:48 pm

this app tells you which way up you're holding the phone, which can be useful if you occasionally find yourself holding it upside down, and that's giving you trouble
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby BaconFat on Mon May 31, 2010 10:06 pm

Kingpun says "It's a phone... it's for making phonecalls..." which would be a great argument if he had anyone to call...
BaconFat
Teuton

Postby ploppy on Mon May 31, 2010 10:31 pm

pokedroid
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby ploppy on Mon May 31, 2010 10:35 pm

shoot u is a fun little puzzle type game get the free demo version

comics is cool if you wanna read achewood on the go

mixzing is a great media player queueman is the best netflix app so far

ringdroid if you wanna make ringtones
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby The Tromboner on Mon May 31, 2010 10:43 pm

I love my droid. There are lots of great apps coming out all the time, too.

Above all, you need Advanced Task Killer. Trust me on this one.

Pokedroid gets a second from me. It talks!

I like the skyfire browser, because until we get Froyo, this lets us watch Flash videos on the web.

The emulators for droid are very good (NESoid, SNESoid, GENSoin, GBCoid, and GBoid), and there's an app that allows you to use your Wiimote to connect via bluetooth and act as the controller for those emulators.

VLC Media Player Remote is great if you have a media setup at home.

Meebo IM is good, as it lets you manage multiple IM accounts (AIM, Facebook, MSN, etc) via your phone. Musical Lite is a neat music app, has a metronome, pitch pipe, piano.

I use Twidroid for tweets.

I also use Aldiko, a very nice ebook reader with a great selection of public domain stuff.

Linda File Manager is a must. It does a great job managing all your files, lets you access them very easily.

Also incredibly useful is The Weather Channel app.

Oh, and all of these are free =)
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby Eulogic on Mon May 31, 2010 10:43 pm

I use 3 (cubed) for my media player and I like it more than mixzing, but it isn't a huge dif.
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby ploppy on Mon May 31, 2010 10:46 pm

also ASTRO is a great app for basically backing up apps and shutting down unnecessary tasks
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby Eulogic on Mon May 31, 2010 10:48 pm

I use xscope browser and astro file manager. Astro does everything I want it to. I'm not totally sold on xscope, which seems slow at times, but it does have pinchzoom, which I like.
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby ploppy on Mon May 31, 2010 10:49 pm

dolphin browser is probably the best alternative to the reg browser the newest version is titties.

i love astro but for shutting down tasks now i use advanced task manager. its a lot quicker
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby The Tromboner on Mon May 31, 2010 10:53 pm

Yeah, advanced task killer lets you put a little widget on the screen, so you set your preferences for what apps get killed, and when you hit it, it only kills those ones. Like, my alarm clock doesn't get turned off, or my messaging. It's a huge time saver.
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby Eulogic on Mon May 31, 2010 10:55 pm

I'll try any browser with pinchzoom. I only use astro for file management. For task killing, I use the Advanced Task Killer widget.

What's a good drawing program? I'm using MaplePaint right now because it seems to have the most options and a nice ui, but it doesn't do everything I want it to and it is a little laggy.
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby Kingpun on Mon May 31, 2010 11:22 pm

Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby mobilisq on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:04 am

paper toss is the only app anyone should ever need
mobilisq
Chutzpah