[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - There's an app for that

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

There's an app for that

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: There's an app for that

Postby Buttercup on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:57 am

Oh yay, a cell phone thread!!! Okay, so I've been a pretty avid Android user for a little more than a year now, here's my must have apps each time I get a new phone/factory data reset/re-flash a ROM:

Audio Manager: One of the best widgets on the market, let's you set the volume on all the many notifications your phone can give from one spot.

Bump: It's for sharing shit yo

Coloroid: One of my favorite games.

Cooking Capsules: One of the few paid apps I use, it offers tons of recipes with 'capsules' for each one; watch gives you how-to videos, shop gives you a grocery list for items needed in that recipe, make gives you step by step instructions. Very vegetarian friendly too!

EasyHome: For quick switching between launchers like ADWLauncher, Sense, etc.

Evernote: Keeps notes and pictures on their website for you, also works with a Google Chrome extension that allows you to clip all or parts of web pages for easy viewing on your phone later.

Gesture Search: A fun way to search the entire contents of your phone.

List Master: This is what I use so I don't forget what books I want to read, movies I want to buy/see/netflix, TV shows I need to download etc.

Mileage: I'm a dork that's really obsessed with gas mileage on my car (I drive a Yaris...don't mock me), and this does a fabulous job of calculating just that after each fill up. Also allows me to put notes on each fill up so I know which gas stations tend to have better gas. Good stuff.

My Days: For any female android users on the boards, helps me predict my most fertile times and when my period is going to start.

PDANet: One click tethering for your android device.

PhitDroid: Another of my favorite games.

Power Manager: Detects my battery level and makes changes accordingly, like lower my screen brightness, turning off GPS and wi-fi. Just makes it easier to manage my battery life than doing it myself.

SMSBackup: automatically backs up all my SMS's to a label it created on my gmail account called SMS. Love. This. App.

Those are all of my must haves, I use more, but those are the essentials and if I don't have them, my phone doesn't feel complete. People should suggest more games, cause I find I use those more than any of my media apps when I'm bored.

Oh yea, and hi all, I'm back-ish sorta...
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby Alceste on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:58 am

*chews on head*
Alceste
Usurper

Postby Buttercup on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:07 am

Some things never change...
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby Eulogic on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:34 am

holy crap its buttercup thread necroing
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby Buttercup on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:57 am

I swear to god, I'm going to keep this thread alive! Cell phones are my new obsession, and everyone will bask in it damn it!

Now go tell the world how much the iPhone 4 is a piece of shit!

http://www.fonearena.com/blog/20799/sma ... one-4.html
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby ploppy on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:12 pm

i would really like something besides my current handset so if i have enough money in a year i can get a brand new phone with whatever version of android will be out on sprint in jan 2011.
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby pwb on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:48 pm

I heard theres a gaydar app for finding other gay ppl, some of you might be interested in that
pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby Tael on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:31 pm

Tael
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Postby ploppy on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:09 pm

if phones were built by black musicians this would be a pwb thread
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby Buttercup on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Buttercup
Usurper

Postby pwb on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:44 pm

pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby ploppy on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:02 pm

i have a samsung moment.
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby Buttercup on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:12 am

Wow, a Samsung with native Android on it, cool. Thank god you didn't end up with whatever the hell Samsung did to Android on the Behold II. Ugh *shudder* that phone gives me nightmares. January of 2011 you're prolly looking at a 2.2 Froyo release on Sprint. Hopefully most manufacturers will have current handsets that were released with 2.1 Eclair updated to it by the end of the year. Hopefully...

All I know is I hate the HTC Sense UI, and can't wait to root my myTouch Slide.
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby ploppy on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:38 am

The moment's proc can't handle flash and a bunch of other Froyo's features and the thing shipped with 1.5 last october and didnt get the 2.1 update till like 2 months ago so I'm pretty sure I'm stuck with 2.1
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby Buttercup on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:54 pm

I just meant for when you buy you're new phone. ;)
Buttercup
Usurper

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!