[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - There's an app for that

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

There's an app for that

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: There's an app for that

Postby Buttercup on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:06 pm

OH! Also, my job let me take home a this weekend for making two really awesome power point presentations. I only get it this weekend, but I will share some thoughts about it on Monday. I'm happy for this opportunity, since I just bought a new phone right before this one launched and I really want to buy it as well, but that's just ridiculous. So now I will know if I need to justify the cost or not. :D
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby ploppy on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:50 am

is the phone I wish I had. It's what the moment should have been.
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby Buttercup on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:50 am

Yea, gotta love that Hummingbird processor. I just wish the myTouch Slide had a faster processor in it, I dunno why tmo can't get better hardware out of HTC.
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby The Tromboner on Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:10 pm

I have the Moto Droid, the first one, and I love it. I know the DroidX and the forthcoming Droid2 kick its butt, but with overclocking and its dedicated GPU, it still hauls ass.

ALSO I get Froyo officially next week =)
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby Buttercup on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:43 am

yea, the Droid benefits from overclocking probably the most of any of the phones on the market right now. What ROM are you running?
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby The Tromboner on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Well I was on rooted 2.1, but I just rolled that back in preparation for the 2.2 official OTA release. After that I'll see what people come up with.
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby ploppy on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:52 pm

ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby The Tromboner on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Droid can safely overclock like a motherfucker, and with its dedicated GPU, it hauls for gaming. I may or may not have Quake 2 running on my phone...with online multiplayer...
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby Buttercup on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:14 am

Buttercup
Usurper

Postby The Tromboner on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:46 pm

I just downloaded a new emulator, psx4droid ($5.99 from the market) and am setting it up now. I'm excited to see how well ps1 games run on my droid!
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby Buttercup on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:04 pm

Be sure to let us know!

After using the Samsung Vibrant for a full weekend (the T-Mobile version of the Galaxy S line of phones), I have some thoughts. It's a great device, but it's really not for me. The touch wiz overlay is ... very ugly, I'm sorry but it is. There's no LED on the device that blinks when you have a notification, which is just ludicrous to me. Also, you cannot like someone's facebook status from the social networking widget, this may seem like something lame to most of you, but I'm a big facebooker and most of my customers are too. It's just insanity to not include that in your widget. The AMOLED screen promised great outdoor visibility, but the visibility on it in direct sunlight was as bad as, or possibly worse than, my myTouch slide.

Loved how nice Avatar looked on it, it is a very impressive screen. But in just a few days I was ready to go back to my Slide. I may hate the HTC Sense UI with a passion, but at least it has all the basics I need. I may have a slower processor, but my phone winks at me when I have a notification which is sooo important for those of us that have to keep our phones on silent all day long.
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby The Tromboner on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:11 pm

So far I've tried Final Fantasy Tactics and FF9, and both perform well. About 30fps, better with sound off. Playable, to be sure. On a more advanced Android device, it would kick ass. When I overclock again I expect it to be excellent.

Thanks for the opinions on the Vibrant, buttercup. My friend is due for an upgrade from his G1, and he was torn between the myTouch3g and the Vibrant. Now I know what to tell him.
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby Buttercup on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:45 pm

Buttercup
Usurper

Postby The Tromboner on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:55 pm

Well, the reason he wants the myTouch 3g slide is the physical keyboard. He's a big texter, and no matter how good the on screen one is, he just feels more comfortable with a physical keyboard. He may try them both out and see which he likes more.
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby Eulogic on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:59 pm

I like physical keyboards. They are noticeably faster.
Eulogic
The Problem

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!