[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - The Thread of Basic Goodness

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

The Thread of Basic Goodness

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

The Thread of Basic Goodness

Postby leokef on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:28 pm

Saw this:

and noticed the number of topics just so happens to be the number of the beast. Well I can't stand for that, so here's the thread of basic goodness come to save the day.

So I guess we just talk about acts of kindness and goodness that we perform in our daily routine.
leokef
The Sandlot

Re: The Thread of Basic Goodness

Postby leokef on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:31 pm

Like uh, let's see. Lately I've been trying not to leer as much at random women when I go shopping. Or I wear my sunglasses more often so it's not as noticeable.
Last edited by leokef on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby leokef on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Oh! Here's a good one. It was a couple months ago, but there I was in the grocery store and I saw this older lady trying to reach a big pack of bottled waters way back on the top shelf. So I just went over and grabbed them for her and placed them in her cart.

Plus, although this one's not as good, a little while ago a couple cyclists were hogging the road and I successfully resisted the urge to run them over, then get out of the car and desecrate their corpses. This is more of a negative good act, not a positive good act, but just the same.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Neimonster on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:08 am

Neimonster
Usurper

Postby Tael on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:20 am

When I saw this, I hoped no-one would make a topic so it'd stay that way for a while.
Tael
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Postby FlankingLine on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:30 am

FlankingLine
Immoderator

Postby mobilisq on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:34 am

mobilisq
Chutzpah

Postby leokef on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:11 am

So there I was, picking up water at the store the other day. At first I think all the shelves are empty, but from the corner of my eye I spy maybe a dozen containers on the bottom-most shelf--all the way in the back and nearly inaccessible. I consider my plan of attack while making a circuit of the aisle. Back, I see an Indian-looking guy flat on the floor, reaching all the way in there to snag about five for himself. I joke with him, "they're making it hard for us today, eh?" and his ambiguous look perhaps betrays a lack of English skills. A plan then comes to me, and I head to the household cleaning aisle right next door. I grab a sturdy-looking sponge mop and return to the water aisle, where I stately kneel and finagle a few waters for myself. A woman remarks next to me, "Oh so that's where they are." I ask if she would like me to retrieve some for her.

She declines, but after I finish--I decide to leave the mop there for anyone who might need it.

Felt great.
Last edited by leokef on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Buttercup on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:17 am

When I read the title I thought we were gonna talk about basically good things. Like I'm drinking chocolate milk, and it's just good. Like all the time. There's never a time chocolate milk isn't good.

Um. Today I held the door open for the hot guy at work that always hits on me. :biggrin: That counts, right?
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby leokef on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:47 am

No! Must be altruistic and without potential personal motivations.

Holding door open for potential lover--bad!

Holding door open for stranger--acceptable.

Holding door open for ugly person with face that makes you hate him--best!
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Buttercup on Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:11 am

Buttercup
Usurper

Postby BaconFat on Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:21 am

One time I pushed a guy in a wheelchair who got off at my bus stop 3 kilometers through the suburbs on a summer's day. He got off like 5 stops too early and didn't actually know where his street was. A couple of months later I saw him on the bus again and smiled at him. He didn't recognise me.

Does that qualify?
BaconFat
Teuton

Postby leokef on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:56 pm

leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Martin Penwald on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:36 pm

One time, I helped some old guy push a utility trailer a few blocks.
Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby geko on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:52 pm

i got lemonade from a group of children running a lemonade stand in their driveway, i felt good at first, then a little creepy, then awful that i didn't tip them.
geko
Alphabet Soup

Next

Return to Serious Business!