[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - One of my parents' good friends was murdered

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

One of my parents' good friends was murdered

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

One of my parents' good friends was murdered

Postby Eulogic on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:38 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/19/bo ... rning-car/

Jim Miller was found burned to death in the trunk of his own car. He used to have huge barbecues for a ton of people every year that we would go to. My father was one of his good friends and is the attorney mentioned in the article. My brother worked for him one summer, and Jim told him that, if he stayed on, he could probably take over the company some day. He was a very nice man who gave a lot back to the community and a close family friend.

The conspiracy theory comments on this article make me sick. The killer was almost certainly some crazy with a personal vendetta or a meth addict, but FOXNews has no doubt picked up this story to fuel the fire of OMG A REPUBLICAN WITH A TANGENTIAL CONNECTION TO POLITICS WAS MURDERED IT MUST HAVE BEEN OBAMA. I hate FOXNews and redneck America.
Eulogic
The Problem

Re: One of my parents' good friends was murdered

Postby Red Omen on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:27 pm

God... that's awful.

The comments are doubly awful.
Red Omen
Sit, Admin, Sit! Good Admin!

Postby leokef on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:27 pm

leokef
The Sandlot

Postby mobilisq on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:34 pm

im comin for you next
mobilisq
Chutzpah

Postby Flamewave on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Wow. That really sucks. You don't stick someone in the trunk of their car and then torch it unless you're pissed over something and in a big way. It's the sort of thing drug dealers do when you step on their toes.
Flamewave
Usurper

Postby Tael on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:17 pm

I'm sure they'll all forget when the follow up article is published.
Tael
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Postby ploppy on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:19 am

wow today has been a weird day
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby Kingpun on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:57 am

Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Flamewave on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:32 am

Well you figure, if they're already dead, why go through the effort of putting them in the trunk when you can just throw them in the back seat or something easier. It's a lot harder to get out of a trunk.

Could be wrong though. Probably have to wait to see if they can determine cause of death.
Flamewave
Usurper

Postby BaconFat on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:54 am

You put them in the trunk so nobody can see the body on the way to the place you dispose of the body... this ain't Weekend at Bernies.

Anyway sympathies.
BaconFat
Teuton

Postby Lizz v2 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:58 am

I'm really sorry to hear that, Eulogic. One of my grandpa's friends was killed by Richard Ramirez.

Armchair criminologist time, but burning someone in the trunk makes it seem either personal or trying to destroy something.
Lizz v2
Easter Bunny

Postby orual on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:57 pm

This is really awful, and you have my sympathies.
...asleep on the job...
orual
Cantaloupe Island

Location: In the not-too-distant future, somewhere in time and space

Postby Smasha on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Fuck man, I don't know what to say.
Smasha
Cantaloupe Island

Postby Confucius Rex on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:59 am

I saw this story earlier and it's kind of weird that I suddenly have a very slim connection to it.
Confucius Rex
Usurper

Postby The Tromboner on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:00 pm

That's just one of the most awful things I've read.
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Next

Return to Serious Business!