[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - hey mulligan i made a thread for us to gab about how great

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

hey mulligan i made a thread for us to gab about how great

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

hey mulligan i made a thread for us to gab about how great

Postby ploppy on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:40 pm

the misfits are.

they are really cool and im listening to them a lot lately. hybrid moments rules

ploppy
Angel's Friend

Re: hey mulligan i made a thread for us to gab about how great

Postby Xerox on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:50 pm

my sister's friend who just moved to town has a great story about how his dad beat danzig up in the 80s and went on to become a surgeon

everything danzig does is awesome despite the fact that he is the goofiest motherfucker, misfits rule

ps yeah hybrid moments is my favorite song of theirs
Xerox
Cantaloupe Island

Postby ploppy on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:59 pm

hes a p hilarious guy and super dramatic. but his music is just so fucking awesome and has such balls. only his misfits stuff though and from static age.

is the greatest thing because I HAVE PATTY HEARST SYNDROME
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby mulligan on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Yeah basically Danzig is a pretty goofy dude that is from Jersey. I am a huge fan of Static Age and Walk Among us, other non-Danzig Misfits albums not so much. My old roomate was obsessed with Samhain for some reason, I only like a few of the songs from Samhain/Danzig though really just a fan of his Misfits work. I'd love to still love the current band now, but it's like trying to still love the Simpsons. Hybrid Moments is a great song, I LOVE where eagles dare...and not a year goes by I don't listen to the shit out of Halloween in October.
mulligan
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Postby Eulogic on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:08 pm

danzig ii: lucifuge is actually a really solid album, but i never really liked much of his other solo work

samhain has some pretty decent stuff

danzig misfits is awesome but non-danzig misfits is trash
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby ploppy on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:56 pm

yeah non danzig misfits are really really bad. there is also a misfits side band called the undead that is supposed to be ok. it was formed by an ex misfits guitarist.
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby Ace! on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:01 am

I never listened to The Mistfits, but Mother is one of the five best rockingest songs ever written. It's up there with Back in Black and Defender in songs that just make you feel like the baddest ass that ever badassed.

Also, Danzig's instrumental album was totally creepy when I was twelve and listening to Danzig.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Xerox on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:15 am

Xerox
Cantaloupe Island

Postby mulligan on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:58 pm

Both of those stories are amazing. The creaky gate one made me laugh so hard though thinking about him getting out of his car and yelling while a bunch of kids secretly looked on.
mulligan
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Postby ploppy on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:15 pm

those are amazing stories. i have such a love/hate thing going for him
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby mulligan on Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:51 pm

EU is this latin legit?
mulligan
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Postby Eulogic on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:50 am

it's taken from disquisitionum magicarum libri sex, which is about magic and heresy and was one of the books used at the salem witch trials

so sure it is probably standard for 18th c. latin as long as you ignore danzig's terrible pronunciation
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby mulligan on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:50 pm

Pip, halloween is upon us are you listening to misfits???
mulligan
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Postby Ace! on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:38 pm

Glen Danzig made the mundane metal long before anyone else did.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby ploppy on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:35 pm

ploppy
Angel's Friend

Next

Return to Serious Business!