[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - FL's defunct dungeoneering game

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

FL's defunct dungeoneering game

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

FL's defunct dungeoneering game

Postby FlankingLine on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:07 pm

to be

Directed by

Players
Eulogic: Argyle Grissaile, Silverbrow Human Totemist - Light Armor Melee () ()
Kingpun: Visher "Viscero" Oferag, Reduced Gnome Factotum - Light Armor Melee () ()
Lightbunny: Zhytheriss Radbanrak, Kalashtar Erudite - No Armor Caster () (Backstory)
Red Omen: Iannis Lendrian, Elf Cleric - Heavy Armor Melee/Caster () ()
Gorveg: Skitter Angrum, Nezumi Dragonfire Adept - Light Armor Ranged () (Backstory)
PWB: Thorlak Foespear, Dwarf Knight - Heavy Armor Melee () (Backstory)
Foxxinnia: Dusky, Duskling Dragon Shaman - Medium Armor Melee (Portrait) (Backstory)

Setting

The continent of Schlotzsky is the biggest feature in the known world. The eastern part of the continent is dotted with several major cities where all sorts of humanoids can be found. Mostly humans here, though. Further west in the mountains is where dwarves and gnomes make their home, as well as more savage goblinoid races. West of the mountains is mostly uninhabited and considered fairly hostile.

The island of Hardrock is dominated by the human kingdom of the same name. Hardrock is a very stricty anti-magic, both arcane and divine.. The practice of magic or possession of unauthorized magic items is strictly punished. The kingdom hires a few magic users just to sniff out contraband and the like. Hardrock is very xenophobic and distrusts all non-humans.

Ponderosa is where elves and fey mostly live. It is mostly dominated by wild forests.

Whatanisle is mostly unexplored. It is a steamy tropical island where many rare species of animals and monsters can be found. Considered very dangerous.

Fazoli is another small island of which nothing remarkable can be said.

Finally, the large landmass simply known as "The Outback" looms to the northeast. It is extremely dangerous and said to be swarming with powerful monsters, evil outsiders, aberrations, and other horrors. A dense wall of jagged mountains makes any expedition inland very treacherous.

Deities
Lawful Good - Antioch - God of the Sun - Longsword
Neutral Good - Metcalf - God of Life - Warhammer
Chaotic Good - Pflumm - God of Freedom - Scimitar or Falchion
Lawful Neutral - Mur-Len - God of Law - Glaive or Guisarme or Trident
True Neutral - Renner - God of Balance - Flail or Heavy Flail
Chaotic Neutral - Quivira - God of Fortune - Rapier
Lawful Evil - Nolan - God of Power - Battleaxe or Great Axe
Neutral Evil - Nall - God of Death - Scythe or Heavy Pick
Chaotic Evil - Switzer - God of Curses - Trident or Lance

FlankingLine
Immoderator

Re: Unmod D&D - First Session Thu 7/29 10:00 PM Central

Postby Kingpun on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:59 am

it was 3 players and i almost died! i dont have very many hitpoints for a frontline fighter
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Red Omen on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:02 am

were you one of the dudes who did level adjustment

i will be there to heal your level adjusted ass next week unless i decide to drive back to san antonio to eat lunch with pretty girls
Red Omen
Sit, Admin, Sit! Good Admin!

Postby Eulogic on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:03 am

I also got hurt bad but I was using the wrong soulmeld which didn't actually do anything. Also, I realized at the end that I was cheating a little (not a lot) throughout the whole thing, but it's not a big deal because the only change it made was that my spot/listen checks might have been 1 lower at various points but I forgot to mention that they were boosted until after the fact and I don't think it made a difference. Anyway, I can only put more than one essentia point into only one of my soulmelds (decided when I shape them). Fortunately, like I said, I pretty much did that anyway.

My character is complicated but I am getting better.
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby FlankingLine on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:15 am

Post Adventure Write-Up

I forgot character names so I'll just use user names.

Eulogic and Kingpun left town on a mission to lure some uppity goblins into an ambush. Along the way they met a very odd magic user played by Lightbunny who agreed to join for what I assure you are very justifiable reasons. Adolphus guided them up the road where they were ambushed by 3 sets of goblins and hobgoblins. The first two were easily dispatched, but the third one was lead by a ferocious bugbear and nearly killed Kingpun and Eulogic. However, good triumphed and the gang continued north. Most goblins were stabilized and bound, including the leader, and only one escaped.

Next, a fork in the road provided two options, a relatively safe eastern route and a less-traveled western road. The party decided to head west where they defeated a large monstrous spider, a newly-designed magical beast called the Lurkkmoor, and two chaotic outsiders called Beamer Beasts. As a reward, a pixie native to the forest offered our brave adventurers some magic items she had collected. All in total:

434 EXP per character
1368 gp
zircon 40 gp
dragonhide gloves 200 gp
dust of illusion (600 gp)
3 Med Studded Leather
1 Med Leather
1 Med Lt. Wooden Shield
4 Sm. Leather
1 Sm. Studded Leather
2 Med Shortswords
2 Med. Longswords
1 Sm. Spear
2 Sm. Heavy Mace
1 Med. Mstrwork Morningstar
1 Scroll Scorching Ray
1 Small Shortbows
9 small arrows
1 empty potion bottle
Wand Snake's Swiftness 8 Charges (600 gp)
Potion of Vigor (300 gp)
Least Ruby of Rubicund Frenzy (250 gp)

2000 gp Quest Reward
9 x 200 = 1800gp for captured goblins
1 x 100 = 100gp for killed goblin
750gp for defeated bugbear
Total Reward: 4650gp
FlankingLine
Immoderator

Postby Kingpun on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:15 am

my character is fortunately not very complicated because he doesnt have any levels
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby FlankingLine on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:29 am

FlankingLine
Immoderator

Postby Kingpun on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:34 am

Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Kingpun on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:37 am

btw flank did you include the poison we got from the spider, maybe we should have used the potion bottle to collect that
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Eulogic on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:45 am

so i get like 1600 gold, right? i'm going to put 1600 gold on my sheet.
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby Kingpun on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:18 pm

hey FL we milked a giant spider's venom, i want my 10gp poison or w/e
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Kingpun on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:44 pm

what about my spider venom
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby FlankingLine on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:46 pm

FlankingLine
Immoderator

Re: Unmod D&D Game Thread - Thursdays at 10:00 Central

Postby Eulogic on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:44 pm

this thread exists now. it is for talking about things that go on in the game in progress. conversations about d&d in general, assistance with character building, and arguments over balance belong in the general d&d thread. thank you for your time!
Eulogic
The Problem

Re: Unmod D&D Game Thread - Thursdays at 10:00 Central

Postby FlankingLine on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:12 pm

why is my map so weird and brown
FlankingLine
Immoderator

Next

Return to Serious Business!