[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - FL's defunct dungeoneering game

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

FL's defunct dungeoneering game

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: Unmod D&D Game Thread - Thursdays at 10:00 Central

Postby FlankingLine on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Tonight. Prepare to gaze into the taint of evil.
FlankingLine
Immoderator

Postby FlankingLine on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:54 pm

i plan to squeeze as much mileage out of the taint joke as possible
FlankingLine
Immoderator

Postby Red Omen on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:58 pm

it feels good when you squeeze my taint
Red Omen
Sit, Admin, Sit! Good Admin!

Postby pwb on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:20 pm

pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby Eulogic on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:28 pm

you will make new friends and family
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby FlankingLine on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:54 pm

6 minutes!!!!!

or so
FlankingLine
Immoderator

Postby Kingpun on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:10 am

we downed the clown
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Red Omen on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:14 am

today was "hey let's give the cleric all the loot" day

which was fine by me

i can take a smaller portion of party gold to mitigate
Red Omen

Postby Eulogic on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:18 am

I might buy an essentia helm (the only incarnum item worth having). Or I might save up for one of those goofy expensive items.
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby Kingpun on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:23 am

just take em, w/e. if we did it properly i guess we'd have the loot totalled including those and make you buy them at half price but who can be bothered doing that
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby FlankingLine on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:25 am

Tonight, our party finished exploring the cave. The first thing they encountered was just about the worst clown ever. Like the scariest, most invincible clown in the whole world. Really awful. It had nearly impenetrable damage reduction and good spell resistance (although there was no offensive caster available). However, after inflicting Eulogic with Tasha's Hideous Laughter and then draining his happiness, his guard lowered and the party was able to finish him off (although Eu was inflicted with laughter again). Another evil orb on an altar was destroyed.

Next, three skeletons charged the party down a hallway. One was destroyed and Red turned the other two. Pursuing the fleeing skeletons, the party encountered a lunatic knight with a halberd. He was a fairly ineffective combatant, and the party knocked him unconscious, bound him, and took him back to town where he will presumably spend the rest of his life in a constant barbarian rage, but locked up in a prison.

Returning to the cave the next morning, the party found all the evil altars repaired. They began demolishing them again one by one when a gelatinous cube attacked the party. Despite Red's advice to stay back, Eu charged the beast followed by Fox. The ooze enveloped them. Fox broke free and Eu wrecked havoc from within and soon the monster perished in a pile of blueberry jello.

Exploring a secret passage that the party found earlier, our heroes were assaulted by an owlbear skeleton. The ferocious beast put everyone in extreme danger, but it was eventually dispatched. Continuing down the hidden hallway, the party found the source of the taint, an evil elven necromancer. Although physically weak (and eventually, really really weak), he cast a powerful protective spell that hindered those trying to attack, and frightened Eulogic, who had been able to break through the spell. However, Red broke through the spell and annihilated the fiend with a mighty blow.

Here's what they earned:
1900 gp
1 bloodstone 70
1 silver ring with blue quartz 40
1 ornate wooden box 50
1 jade 100
1 black velvet mask adorned with citrines 100
1 coral saucer 90
1 prayer mat with inlaid gold thread 50
Potion of Neutralize Poison 750
Scroll of Cure Critical Wounds 700
Wand of Restoration (1 charges) 520 gp
Wand of Light (17 charges) 90 gp
Essentia Jewel 400
4 Scimitars 60 gp
Large Greatclub 5 gp
Mithral Chain Shirt 1100 GP
Darkwood Heavy Shield 257 GP
Masterwork Cold Iron Longsword 630 gp
Incense of Meditation 4900
Masterwork Halberd (already sold)
Masterwork Breastplate (already sold)
Longsword 15 gp

Total EXP: 375

Also, I was wrong. The elf cleric's chain shirt was mithral, but not +1. Sorry.
FlankingLine
Immoderator

Postby Red Omen on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:39 am

I did like the idea of the good elf cleric defeating the evil elf cleric with a critical hit.
Red Omen

Postby Kingpun on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:54 am

you cancelled each other out. you actually died back there along with your dark opposite
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Eulogic on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:26 am

The art and stuff, which I assume we're selling, is worth 500gp (125gp each).

The scimitars, greatclub, and longsword, which I also assume we're selling, but put in a different category because they are technically usable items, are worth 260gp (65gp each).

That's 665gp each from the fight total, assuming we sell that stuff and keep the useful stuff. I'm don't know if anyone needs the mithral shirt (I think everyone might have one already), but that could increase our haul by a bit. Also, anything that Red doesn't want.

Fuuuuuck, that incense is worth a lot. I should've kept it.
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby Eulogic on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:39 am

Maybe I'll buy a , which would let me recover four times as many hitpoints in an 8 hour rest. And never have to eat again.
Eulogic
The Problem

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!