[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - NaNoWriMo 2010

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

NaNoWriMo 2010

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: NaNoWriMo 2010

Postby Red Omen on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:30 am

Red Omen
Sit, Admin, Sit! Good Admin!

Postby gorv on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:32 am

holy shit how did it get to be the 15th already

fuck me

i really wanted to do this this year
gorv
Inertia

Postby Alceste on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:31 pm

I know I'm way, way behind. I switched from doing this via computer to good ol' pen and paper as for rough drafts it's considerably easier and pleasing to do it this way. So I have no idea what my word count is currently, but again, I know I'm behind the goals.

Not only that, but my "novel" bored me after the first couple of days. I did some planning ahead of time, but not enough, and my original main character didn't jive with me, so he's ended up changing personalities twice. Even with that, I was struggling trying to write from Point A to Point B; I write in scraps, bits of a story and characters here and there. It'll make a terrible novel without me sitting down and seriously working out the structure, and I'll learn this in time, but for now scraps to be meshed together is how I've been doing it.

But! I'm writing every day. This alone is my goal, and one I plan to keep going even after November. Since I won't be done on time, I probably won't even know how many words I'll have gotten as I don't feel like transcribing everything until I'm putting together a second draft.

Honestly, I feel quite proud. Just in the last two weeks I've written more than I have in the last two years. I really do love writing and cannot believe I've put so little effort into it.

Unrelated note: I've been giving a shot, and did the tutorial. I can easily see me using this for a second draft, and it seems really awesome for a lot of various types of papers I'll end up having to write once I'm taking classes again.
Alceste
Usurper

Postby leokef on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:02 pm

Oh hey, how did everybody do. My scripts are not even close to completion, but I feel they're off to a good start. I don't see myself having much time to work on them this month, unfortunately.
Last edited by leokef on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Eulogic on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:05 pm

my novel was published and a new york times bestseller. you?
Eulogic
The Problem

Previous

Return to Serious Business!