[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - Unmod D&D Game New Thread - 14/10 at 11:00 eastern (dst?????

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

Unmod D&D Game New Thread - 14/10 at 11:00 eastern (dst?????

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: Unmod D&D Game New Thread - 14/10 at 11:00 eastern (dst?????

Postby Kingpun on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:07 am

it is, it is definitely tomorrow
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Kingpun on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:57 am

it happened, an hour late i guess, and daylight savings session wont be for another two weeks
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Kingpun on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:01 am

to clarify, there will be a session next week, an hour earlier than the one this week. then the week after, the session will run at the same time as the one this week, except it will seem to be at the usual time for you american guys
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Red Omen on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:03 am

Red Omen
Sit, Admin, Sit! Good Admin!

Postby Eulogic on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:04 am

cool so how much xp
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby Kingpun on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:54 am

This week's chapter began with Valdis strolling out of the forest to rejoin the group. Thank God! Those wounds looked fatal, particularly that nasty decapitation and the huge hole in his chest.
Spying some weathered old gravestones, the party set off alongside a seam of the same stone, thinking it as good a direction as any. It led to a small settlement of stone houses, appearing to have been long abandoned. One building was occupied, however, by a pack of five goblins, who greeted the travellers rudely. Eventually prying from them that there was a monster of some kind occupying the nearby well, Valdis, Chuck and Lawrence headed out along another stone path looking for something to beat up, with Ethan following along a few minutes behind.
There they found a sleeping ogre. Upon waking up he named himself as Theodore, but couldn't decide whether or not he should describe himself in the third person. Theodore demanded payment for the use of his well, and when Valdis attempted to draw water without permission, sprang towards him in a rage. Having sorely underestimated the power, belligerence and indeed number of the party, the ogre was felled in seconds, with the aid of the late-arriving Ethan. He, Lawrence and Chuck were all greatly surprised, however, to see Valdis suddenly transform into a hawk the size of a man.
Finding only some combat equipment, a little gold and an incomplete deck of cards, they returned to the goblins with some water.
In thanks for removing the ogre, the goblins gave a playing card, the missing jack of diamonds. On the face was scrawled "30 FT" followed, upon closer examination, by an arrow pointing down. Aided by sudden inspiration, the party set off to examine the well. Inside, Ethan found found a chest buried in the wall, about thirty feet down. With some time and effort, he was able to dig it out and bring it up. Chuck hammered and hammered upon the lock to get it open and the others were a little worried for the contents, until they looked inside and found only dirt. Meanwhile, Valdis (??) the hawk changed into a number of different human-sized birds, flew in circles a bit and cawed occasionally.
Frustrated and somewhat tired after all this, the party has bedded down for the night in one of the stone houses.

Rewards:
1 Ring of Protection +1
1 Large Hide Armour + tent pegs
1 Large Greatclub
A bucket of water
50 gp each
750xp for lvl 5
800xp for lvl 4
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Eulogic on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:00 pm

dis 2nite
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby FlankingLine on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:04 pm

i can't make it 2-nite have to work early i am really sad but also really sleepy
FlankingLine
Immoderator

Postby Kingpun on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:24 am

Disturbed in the middle of the night by some shuffling and clanking outside, Yew the shapeshifter observed some lights in the goblins' building. Investigating outside, the party found dirt on the ground outside the goblins' door. After some discussion (mostly about dirt) and minor kidnapping, it was determined that they should investigate the little graveyard they saw as they arrived at the settlement. Under a fallen gravestone, they found buried a sack of treasure, finally. Albert the goblin protested taking this as theft, so before leaving, Ethan compensated him with a few platinum pieces.

The group then wandered into a lightly wooded area, where a highly territorial gorallon ripped Chuck and Randall into small pieces within moments. Life is not fair.

Rewards:
700gp
Potion of Bear's Endurance
Wand of Charm Animal, 31 charges
2063 XP / 2200 XP
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Kingpun on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:25 am

maybe you're lucky you didnt show fl, that gorallon was vicious. or maybe you could have saved randall, and its actually your fault he died. ill leave you to chew on that
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Kingpun on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:31 am

when you guys go off daylight savings next week, ill shift this an hour later global time to match that, unless someone objects
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Red Omen on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:41 am

Or maybe I killed Randall by casting Shield instead of attacking.
Red Omen

Postby Kingpun on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:48 am

you can turn that over in you r head as you go to sleep tonight
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Red Omen on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:59 am

i've got plenty of heavy shit to turn over in my head as i go to sleep already thanks
Red Omen

Postby Eulogic on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:00 am

Should you inquire about my character's background, roll a d6 for the response he gives. That number corresponds to the number of the response that he gives below.

1. I was raised by a clan of changeling druids in the wilderness who trained me to wildshape. I was always the black sheep, being slightly more interested in civilization and other humanoids rather than wilderness, and decided to train myself as a ranger instead, as the only other humanoids we occasionally came across were typically rangers. I left my family to discover other cultures for myself.

2. I was raised by a farmer and his wife. Only when I was a young teenager did I discover my ability to change shapes. It was then that the farmer and his wife told me that they were not my real parents, but found me in a strange pod that fell from the sky near a road by their farm. I honed my ability to shift and decided to set out on my own to discover my true past.

3. I was working in a university laboratory when a vial of radioactive spiders was struck by lightning, coating me in their ichor. While washing myself off in the juice of the rare gingo fruit, I was abducted and sent to an underground testing facility, where numerous tests were done on me. Here, metamorphium was grafted to my skeleton, granting me the ability to change shape. After avenging this wrongdoing, marrying my high school sweetheart, and joining a world-wide crime fighting league, I set out to discover who murdered my rich parents when I was a child.

4. I don't remember. I woke up on the caravan surrounded by orcs. Suddenly, I became a hawk and ended up following the only other survivors that I saw!

5. I was the single greatest bank robber Larebes had ever seen. In and out, shifting from form to form without anyone the wiser. But then the guards got smart. They hired wizards, see, with spells that could shoot right through my disguises. I had to get out the city, and this seemed like the quickest route.

6. I'm not a witch. I'm nothing you've heard. I'm you! None of us are perfect, but none of us can be happy with what we see all around us: politicians who think spending, trading favors and backroom deals are the ways to stay in office. I'll go to Pondara and do what you'd do. I'm Yew.

After getting a response, roll a Sense Motive check. If you beat a 28, you figure out that he was lying.
Eulogic
The Problem

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!