[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - Viva New Vegas

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

Viva New Vegas

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

What think you of the new game

Pretty good so far
12%
Pretty average so far
12%
Pretty crummy so far
6%
Pretty haven't it played it so far
71%

Total votes : 17

Viva New Vegas

Postby leokef on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Let's talk Fallout (in its own thread). Specifically the new one. Cool stuff, bugs, breaking the game, unrelated argument over the supremacy of old Fallouts, etc.

I must say this: it feels more like classic Fallout than Fallout 3 did for a variety of reasons. No long, scripted prologue. Spears as weapons. Traits! Although with eight hours under my belt, I've already acquired several energy weapons including a plasma rifle, and they seem even weaker than they were in Fallout 3.

As a matter of fact, it feels as though all the weapons I've acquired so far suck, and I've got a shitload of guns. Here's a question, Obsidian: was it really so necessary to have both a 10mm pistol and a 9mm pistol? Just asking.
Last edited by leokef on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leokef
The Sandlot

Re: Viva New Vegas

Postby leokef on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:44 pm

Also post screenshots if you want:

I like the graffiti in the game, but they could've picked something less cliche than Yeats here.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby BaconFat on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:40 pm

I'm not enjoying it as much as FO3 but I'm not sure if its because the game is any worse or if it's because I played FO3 too recently. Them being very similar I'm kind of burnt out on the formula.

I agree that the weapons have definitely been toned down... and my plasma rifle is a piece of shit. I have, however, spied a "Plasma Caster" which looks suspiciously like a plasma rifle I use to fang around with back the good ol' days. I can't wait to steal that and kick it ol' school. They just don't make plasma weaponry like they used too...

The challenge I've set for myself is to not put any points in to lockpick. I want at least one useful skill I'm not a master of. Rather than playing the "speech, science, lockpick" easy mode.
BaconFat
Teuton

Postby Neimonster on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:40 am

Installing right now... :gengar:

Neimonster
Usurper

Postby leokef on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:12 pm

leokef
The Sandlot

Postby BaconFat on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:50 pm

Opinions on the musical selection this time around?

It seems smaller and crapper than last time. Is it really that expensive to get 30 songs from the era and put them on shuffle between voice clips?
BaconFat
Teuton

Postby Alceste on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:35 pm

Managed to track down the only copy of the Collector's Edition in the area, and only with a bit of luck. Surprisingly, it was Best Buy; on calling, they checked and said they didn't have a copy in their inventory or any through their website, but they paused and the person on the phone stated that she swore she had seen a copy in-store not long ago. I was put on hold for several minutes and upon her return, lo and behold, she had actually found it!

Must have been some search involving a few other people as when I picked it up even the item-checker at the doors saw the receipt and said "Is this the game that was called about earlier? Can I see what it actually looked like?" It's pretty rare I'm actually impressed with Best Buy.

Swag aside, won't be installing the game for a while. I'm setting out to finish Fallout 3 finally with quite a bit of seriousness. Man, I'm anxious.
Alceste
Usurper

Postby Leon on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Fucking MEH so far.

I'm playing it on the PS3, which might be part of the problem.

In the time I've been playing it, 4 days, I've had it crash on me about 10 times, some of the quest are bugged so you can't finish them, It seems like there is only ONE FUCKING SONG (Something about some ranger or some shit), That plays on repeat.

As for the weapons and stuff slam some skill points into guns or energy weapons, which ever one you are using, and you'r ability to use them will improve. You can also follow the main quest until you get to Primm, then go where ever, you will have better weapons after that.

I was playing a sneaky sniper dude so I tend to stick with rifles and the like. So far I like the mods some of the guns have, I just wish they were more varied. I put a scope, a silencer and an extended clip on a varment rifle and then couldn't use it anymore because it wasn't dealing enough damage.

I'm restarting due to accidently killing off someone who I didn't want to kill off. And this time I know what the magazines are for and won't waste them.

OH, ED-E is awesome. and Boone is a fucking pussy, but is awesome with a rifle.
Leon
Usurper

Location: Where ever the hell I am I probably don't like it all that much.

Postby leokef on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:01 am

leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Kingpun on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:31 am

i managed to stop a guy going hostile on me after dialogue by jumping up from behind a rock and letting him initiate it with me in mid-air. i only did this so i could easily snipe him but still
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby BaconFat on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:51 am

You won't be able to stop me going hostile on you if you don't play the original, scrubfeatures.
BaconFat
Teuton

Postby Kingpun on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:30 am

i will if you never see me
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby leokef on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:39 am

I just found the Brotherhood of Steel, so, good weapons and armor ahoy!
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Leon on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:42 pm

Ha, fat chance. BoS are a bunch of pussies.

East Coast BoS fo life.

So I was level 25 the first time I stepped into vegas.

"hey look a computer terminal that isn't red, open antechamber..Hmmmm yeah."

*Alarms start going off*

"oops, oh well, where is this antechamber at?"

*Finds antechamber"

"Ohhhhhhhhhh another terminal, open LS thingie, okay"

*Mr. House starts whining about centries of planning wasted*

"Fuck, guess I'll restart"
Leon
Usurper

Location: Where ever the hell I am I probably don't like it all that much.

Postby leokef on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:52 pm

Yeah I'm not impressed with this chapter of the BoS. Just got back into it, came across this Ranger dude named Hanlon. Voice was damn familiar, damn familiar. I spent close to ten minutes playing his sound bites (thankfully he has a bunch) to see if I could figure it out. Eventually I had another when some sudden flicker of dialogue from a film he was in came to me. I heard his voice say "I'm too old for this [shit]," and as soon as I heard that, I thought: Blade. Then I knew he was Kris Kristofferson. And then it was like my mind shot a load, it was so relieving.
leokef
The Sandlot

Next

Return to Serious Business!