[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - Viva New Vegas

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

Viva New Vegas

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

What think you of the new game

Pretty good so far
12%
Pretty average so far
12%
Pretty crummy so far
6%
Pretty haven't it played it so far
71%

Total votes : 17

Re: Viva New Vegas

Postby JM_Zen on Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:17 pm

I remember in Fallout 2 you weren't anybody until your Small Guns skill was at least 120%.
JM_Zen
Cantaloupe Island

Postby Martin Penwald on Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:50 pm

So, is everyone playing in first-person view, or do some of you play the game in third-person view?

I remember reading reviews of FO3 that mentioned how awkward the controls were in third-person view, and watching a friend of mine play it, I had to agree.
Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby BaconFat on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:20 pm

I switch to third-person sometimes when I'm out and about. Mainly to see how awesome I look. I can only imagine combat would awful in third person though.
BaconFat
Teuton

Postby leokef on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:33 pm

I use first-person 99% of the time. The game seems to be designed around it. I think third-person could only be disadvantageous in combat, too.

Plus, what's the point with third-person if you don't have the isometric perspective.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby CapnHulk on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:58 am

I use third-person when I want to look around corners, or check out my shitty armor. The animation is just too horrible for using it in any other way.

Go into third person. Hold W. Now hold A or D.

LOOOOOL

Now JUMP.

LOOOOOOOOOOL

It's pretty immersion breaking when your character animates like an inter-dimensional ghost-wizard.
CapnHulk
Etymology

Postby Kingpun on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:42 am

third person for dressing up your doll, first person to play game
Image (extinct)
Kingpun
Huey Lewis

Postby Leon on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Leon
Usurper

Location: Where ever the hell I am I probably don't like it all that much.

Postby leokef on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:46 pm

That has been the most pleasantly surprising moment for me personally. Luckily I carry pulse grenades and pulse mines at all times, though it was a hassle keeping my companions alive.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby CapnHulk on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:34 pm

I had to load up a previous save and get out of Vault 11 before the end part as made me fail "The House Always Wins" which is a pretty big-time quest line you can do.

Still neat though.
CapnHulk
Etymology

Postby dkhighwind on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:13 am

Good lord, getting the timing right for Beyond The Beef ridiculously annoying. I ended up having to actively follow the Head Waiter until he left the damn map then go back to get Ted and then sneak into the room, then jack up the volume because I couldn't hear what Mortimer was saying.

Also, I preferred Cass. She didn't do shit for damage, but she always had the most interesting things to say. She also took half of forever to get knocked out.

Am I the only one who liked the Brotherhood of Steel? I mean, they had little presence and they were assholes, but I mean, it's hard to believe in the whole Knight In Shining Armor routine in Post Apocalyptia.

Finally, Jeez, the weapon balancing took me by surprise. I mean, it's good that they did it, but when a modded Gatling Laser isn't that much better than everything else, it does take a bit of the fun out of it. I eventually did a bit of a 180 and began using melee weapons because they just didn't give a damn about armor. Actually, on a related subject, Christ, why have the damage and DPS values just switch on the menu? Grow up and add a little bit to the menu so it's easier to fucking compare.
dkhighwind
Tarantula

Postby Leon on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:04 am

Leon
Usurper

Postby leokef on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Hmm Capn, I and I don't think I failed the quest. I think to fail the quest you have to there, right?

I was thinking about the weapons myself and fondly reminiscing about how thrilling it was in FO1 & 2 to acquire a combat shotgun. I just wish they'd taken out half the weapons in New Vegas and made what remained really unique and different. I also have entirely neglected the ammo types. Anybody actually use the hollow-points and armor piercing and all that crap?
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby BaconFat on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:31 am

Errr... kind of. Only now that I'm dedicated to the Gobi sniper rifle and I collect every piece of .308 I can find. If i'm going up against robots I'll switch to AP. If I'm going into a vault full of ghouls I'll switch to HP. For the most part it's regular all-the-way.
BaconFat
Teuton

Postby Leon on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:05 pm

I think I switched once, couldn't remember what I saw shooting with, and now use what ever I have the most of.

Arcade just up and vanished on me. The first real issue I have had while playing on the 360. Guess I should find out where the hell he went.

I think they just put all of those other guns in so you could use them with the jury rigging perk. Put all those cheap useless guns to use by fixing the bigger better guns with them.
Leon
Usurper

Postby dkhighwind on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Leon, keep exploring. Veronica talks to you a second time about talking to the Elder.

Also, discovered online that if you go to Vault 22 and use the elevator your companions will automatically get teleported to you. That's how I heard it, anyway.

And yeah, Veronica with a Ballistic Fist is amazing.
dkhighwind
Tarantula

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!