[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - Viva New Vegas

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

Viva New Vegas

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

What think you of the new game

Pretty good so far
12%
Pretty average so far
12%
Pretty crummy so far
6%
Pretty haven't it played it so far
71%

Total votes : 17

Re: Viva New Vegas

Postby Martin Penwald on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:05 am

Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby JM_Zen on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:28 am

I like that you get perks for doing things.
JM_Zen
Cantaloupe Island

Postby leokef on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:43 pm

leokef
The Sandlot

Postby CapnHulk on Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:47 pm

There's a perk that keeps animals from attacking you called "Animal Friend" but I have to agree that I wish the earned perks were a bit more interesting.
CapnHulk
Etymology

Postby leokef on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:39 am

I haven't played in a couple weeks now, but I intend to get back into it tonight. After exploring maybe 85% of the wasteland, I still haven't found the UFO crash. What gives.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Leon on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Leon
Usurper

Location: Where ever the hell I am I probably don't like it all that much.

Postby leokef on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:15 pm

leokef
The Sandlot

Postby dkhighwind on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:12 am

It's a shame the traits are so lame.
dkhighwind
Tarantula

Postby BaconFat on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:48 pm

I remember when I figured out that if you take Skilled and Gifted perks in F1 you got 7 bonus SPECIAL points for some really small tradeoff. Now those were traits.

Having said that F3/NV throw around SPECIAL points like they are going out of fashion.
BaconFat
Teuton

Postby dkhighwind on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:49 pm

And Charisma is super not important.
dkhighwind
Tarantula

Postby leokef on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:04 pm

leokef
The Sandlot

Postby BaconFat on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:26 pm

Well in F3 there were those bobble heads which could get you a total of 7 extra points for nothing. I think there were also implants in it plus the perk which gives you extra special points. Oh and also apparel like "lucky shades" which gave you an extra point when equipped. Vegas showed a little more restraint at least.
BaconFat
Teuton

Postby Leon on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:09 am

Leon
Usurper

Location: Where ever the hell I am I probably don't like it all that much.

Postby dkhighwind on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:26 am

You could max out all skills in FO3, you just had to be careful, get the perk that doubled what you gained from reading books, and collect an absolute ass ton of books. I got the majority of my skills in New Vegas maxed, just ignoring the ones I cared less about (explosives, melee, etc.) Ironically, I regret not mastering either unarmed or melee. The damage reduction in that game was so completely fucked up that the big bruiser weapons became both overpowered and the only way to really deal with enemies easily. When a modded gatling laser isn't worth shit your game has a problem.
dkhighwind
Tarantula

Postby leokef on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:23 pm

I liked the bobbleheads. Good incentive to explore unlike the snow globes. Which I can't even find. :mad:

I miss the old skill books though--or at least how common they were. Magazines suck ass. Exploration just doesn't seem as fun in New Vegas as it did in FO3. Fewer material incentives with fame instead as a goal. Eh.

Anybody use Euclid's C-Finder? Kinda pisses me off how I missed out on that.
leokef
The Sandlot

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!