[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - Black Friday

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

Black Friday

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Black Friday

Postby leokef on Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:34 pm

Any of you dudes doing any shopping today. I always have a little fun just looking around at the mad rushes, though I hardly ever shop myself.

I did go to a local home improvement store just now. Saw a deal for a big dog bed for my surviving doberman mix, thought I'd go pick one up. Get there and it's sold out. I have to realize that some bunch of people in the hordes of early morning shoppers snatched up all the dog beds.

Then I went over to Best Buy to see if they had any deals on blu-ray players. Sure, but nothing I couldn't get for the same price online--any regular day of the week. While I was there, two older women were buying Monster HDMI cables for their BD player. 4' for $58, you know the scam. I admit to my shame that I did not step up and advise them to shop around or buy online. They were even muttering to themselves that they needed advice.
leokef
The Sandlot

Re: Black Friday

Postby Eulogic on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:45 pm

i got a 50 dollar wireless presenter/laser pointer for $10
Eulogic
The Problem

Postby ploppy on Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:29 pm

after working 4 straight black fridays shopping on a day like today can go fuck itself.

ill be god damned if i get in a fight with some asshat over a dvd player or something
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby The Tromboner on Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Got a copy of Slumdog Millionaire on DVD for $5! My mom loved that movie, so that'll be a nice little stocking stuffer. I also got one of Alton Brown's cookbooks for $30 for my brother (on sale from $45 or something). Not a bad day of shopping. The crowds were managable, too.
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby leokef on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:34 am

leokef
The Sandlot

Postby pwb on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:41 am

I worked one retail black friday and that was enough for me.

A customer wanted one of the computers we had on sale, but all we had left was the display model, so I went to get a manager to ask what the procedure was or something. In the interim of my absence another shopper appeared, claiming that he had seen the display model first, and thus it rightly belonged to him. I thought they were actually going to come to blows over a computer! I mean imagine that, two grown men yelling at each other because they wanted to buy something.
pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby FlankingLine on Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:43 pm

i was at work (still grocery store) and it was nice and slow and a really easy day
FlankingLine
Immoderator

Return to Serious Business!