[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - what did u get

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

what did u get

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

what did u get

Postby ploppy on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:11 am

did you get anything for the holidays?

orual got me some amazing posters (one signed by janelle monae :3). her folks got me a wii mote and classic pro controller.

mom got me a 1tb external hd. will now commence to torrent the planet.
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Re: what did u get

Postby gorv on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:20 am

my parents went halfsies with me on a droid x

rules
gorv
Inertia

Postby Sauzer on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:21 am

shirts
Sauzer
Immoderator

Postby mobilisq on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:26 am

laid :]]]]]]]]]]]]
mobilisq
Chutzpah

Postby Smasha on Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 am

My friends and I had our annual Christmas potluck on Thursday. We exchanged wish lists, so we got what we asked for, with some exceptions where givers tried to surprise receivers.

I got:

A really snazzy woollen winter hat
A Logitech mouse - My current mouse has an unresponsive wheel.
A USB Key
Roasted walnut oil
Macadamia nut butter
A can of mixed nuts
Apple cider vinegar
Echinacea pills - Generally, double-blind placebo-controlled trials suggest they are effective at reducing the duration of colds, though the results aren't as consistent as we would like.
Astroglide X silicone-based personal lubricant
Lavender and vanilla body wash / foam bath
Lavender hand cream
Braid, on CD - I will re-gift it to someone I know who really needs to play this game.
A box of Longlife brand cigarettes, from Taiwan - I don't smoke. This was a gag gift (Cigarettes called "Longlife?"). I will re-gift it to my sister, who will find a use for it.

I gave:

The Penguin Classics edition of Wuthering Heights
The Coles' Notes for Wuthering Heights
Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life
The Phantom Tollboth
Two Generals - Canadian WWII graphic novel.
Picross 3D - DS game.
The Vibratex Maven sleeve - A masturbation sleeve that I think is a better value than the Fleshlight.
The Spartacus elastomer cock ring
Chocolate fudge
A chocolate bar containing icewine
A chocolate bar containing butterscotch
Natural Factors "Maximum Triple Strength RxOmega-3 900 mg" fish oil pills - The highest-dose EPA and DHA pills I could find in any brick-and-mortar store in Toronto. If any of you take fish oil pills, I recommend this product, since most fish oil pills have such low doses of EPA and DHA that you would need to take too many a day to reach the doses used in the trials that found benefits.

I brought some banana liqueur to the potluck. It was well-received! I gave the leftover to the person who seemed to enjoy it the most.

Last edited by Smasha on Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smasha
Cantaloupe Island

Postby Ace! on Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:19 am

I got breakfast and it was glorious.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby rem on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:05 am

some tf2 hats
rem
Cantaloupe Island

Postby leokef on Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:46 am

Six times as much spam E-mail as I normally do.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby ploppy on Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:20 pm

also got a 3rd wiimote and what looks to be the worlds most comfy shirt
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby leokef on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:14 pm

Oh hey, we got a Wii. Cool. Pip: what's the word on Wii piracy.

And I got a little toy RC helicopter, which I've had a helluva time just crashing.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby ploppy on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:41 pm

its easy and victimless.

wiibrew.org has all your utilities and such
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby pwb on Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:12 pm

I got so much stuff that I'm a little embarrassed. My Moms really went all out, I must say. I guess the nice thing about getting used/old shit is of course the price break. We saw a bunch of extended family too who loaded me up with cash, giftcards, candy, etc.

From Mom:

Panzer Dragoon (Saturn)
Panzer Dragoon Zwei (Saturn)
Legend of Oasis (Saturn)
Shining the Holy Ark (Saturn)
Action Replay Plus (back-up memory, 1/4 MB RAM cart, cheat device + import enabler for Saturn)
Suikoden (PSX)
Cash ($40)
Some clothing
Stocking Stuff (candy, etc.)

From My Brothers:

NIER (XBOX 360)
Kids in the Hall Season One DVD (YES!!!!!!!!!)

From Extended Family:

Cash ($40)
Giftcards totalling $80 (15 @ Best Buy, 25 @ Cheesecake Factory, 25 @ GameStop, 15 @ Starbucks)
More candy
Some clothing

We're going over to my Dad's house in a bit, I think I'll be getting a new phone from him. That would be nice, as mine has been broken for at least 2 months now.

Merry Christmas! I love all of you internet guys!!
pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby ploppy on Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:50 pm

holy shit your moms got you panzer dragoon? god damn she must have gone to great lengths.
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby pwb on Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:41 pm

Panzer Dragoon Saga is actually the one that goes for stupid amounts of money. Instead of that, I requested the two cheaper titles in the series that I haven't played (much of) yet.

But yeah she did go to pretty great lengths! I think this is one of the first times she's ordered stuff off the internet, although she did have some help from my brothers.

Oh yeah and my dad got me some clothes and a Microsoft Kin Two, this is by far the coolest phone I've ever owned. You can go online and crap with it, I guess it's also like a Zune as well? Idk but it's pretty badass, I'm impressed.
pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby Alceste on Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:07 pm

Holy carps, did I get some swag. This is the first year in which all of the kids are finally out of the house and living on their own, so my parents must have caught up on their bills and went a bit overboard on Christmas this year.

The expensive two items (and one DS game) are from my parents, the rest mainly from my siblings. While it may seem like an ass-ton of stuff, I did buy gifts for six other people in the immediate family.

I got:

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (DS)
Super Scribblenauts (DS)
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes (DS)
Dragon Quest IX (DS)
Masamune: The Demon Blade (Wii)
A from Think Geek.
A , which increases my meager capacity an astounding eightfold!

I've still got one present from a sister (maybe two if the other isn't too poor for gifts this year) and one combined give from my two roommates to receive and open.

Pretty rad Xmas this year. And I'm quite happy with all the gifts I gave out as well! I'm also warm and fuzzy on the inside as I got to do the entire gift thing over video on Skype, which is the first time I've "seen" my family since I moved here at the end of March. So happy! :D
Alceste
Usurper

Next

Return to Serious Business!