[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - what did u get

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

what did u get

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: what did u get

Postby The Tromboner on Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:23 am

I had a pretty great Christmas this year as well, I'm really fortunate.

From my parents:
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)- Wow, what a great game so far! It's pure old-school and I love it.
Rock Band 3 (Wii)- No explanation necessary.
A Flip video camera - This was totally unexpected, and super awesome! I can use this to take videos of my acapella group, and then directly upload them to youtube or facebook. 720p!
A really nice sweater.
A new pair of boots that look and feel like sneakers, but are weather resistant! And, in my size, which is always a plus since it's damn hard to find size 14 wide boots.
A book of all the Arthur Pryor trombone solos, arranged for trombone and piano (instead of wind ensemble). This'll be great when my senior recital comes around.
The annual collection of the best sci-fi short stories (as compiled by my favorite editors).
2000 Wii Points!
A great metal puzzle. I love these things.

From my brother and his wife:
A copy of the Zombie Survival Guide!
A sick t-shirt that says, "Classically Trained" about a picture of an NES. Perfect for me (the classically trained musician AND gamer)!
A really nice bar of 85% dark chocolate.

I'm probably forgetting some odds and ends, but it was a fantastic Christmas overall.
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby Xerox on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:47 am

Just a bunch of clothes, snacks, a chair, and a guitar tuner.

Also my mom's boyfriend's brother made a shitload of prime rib so I ate like 3 pounds of meat.

Edit: I forgot about a cookbook compiled from a bunch of our family's recipes. That was pretty awesome.
Xerox
Cantaloupe Island

Postby ploppy on Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:08 pm

yeah DKC R is pretty radbones. me and orual were playing it and the 2 player is p solid. game has gorgeous art direction too.
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby Martin Penwald on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:32 pm

Martin Penwald
Omelette Elemental

Postby Flamewave on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:54 pm

$50 and $25 wally world gift cards, $20 bill. Bunch of snacks and hot sauce.
Flamewave
Usurper

Postby The Tromboner on Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:01 pm

^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby pwb on Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:48 pm

DKCR seems like a really solid game but it doesn't offer classic controller support and that is bullshit. I thought I could get by with using a turned sideways Wii-Mote but man there are like 5+ waggle functions and I hate that stuff. I'm willing to give it another shot but that really turned me off.
pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby The Tromboner on Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:03 pm

^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby Red Omen on Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:14 pm

Red Omen
Sit, Admin, Sit! Good Admin!

Postby ploppy on Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:14 pm

i think like 90% of using the wii-motes sideways problems would be solved with a d-pad that doesnt suck balls.

the d-pad on the classic pro controller is fucking mad rad, im loving mine so damn much.
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby pwb on Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:53 pm

or if it had more than 2 face buttons (ok there's technically 3 but that A button is not in a very convenient place if the controller is turned sideways)

the problem with DKCR really is that there's 2 buttons plus a d-pad on the wiimote and there's like 6 or something moves more than there are buttons. So there's all these combinations of waggle + a certain button and it's easy for me to forget what does what. buttons are just much easier for me I guess
pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby Tael on Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:13 pm

Tael
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Postby ploppy on Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:15 pm

ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby Alceste on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:36 pm

Alceste
Usurper

Postby Horseboy on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:01 am

Tons of chocolate because I'm diabetic.

Also 150 bucks which is cool and some pirated DVDs.

Have some German pop music.
Horseboy
Left Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!