[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - hey before we go all subform crazy

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

hey before we go all subform crazy

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: hey before we go all subform crazy

Postby tasogare on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:55 am

tasogare
Easter Bunny

Postby WOT on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:53 am

WOT
Crash Override

Postby leokef on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:09 pm

leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Ace! on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:13 pm

I've always wondered, why don't you like Chicago? I fell in love with it when I went.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Buttercup on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:08 am

Chicago is a great town to visit, but I could never ever live there. I dunno if anyone else noticed this, but it smells like burnt hamburgers.
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby shpladoink on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:27 am

shpladoink
Brother Grimm

Postby ploppy on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:31 am

ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby Blitz on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:41 am

so when are we moving
Blitz
Oingo Boingo

Postby CE on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:37 am

I read this whole thing now.

I did not think people here would be that reluctant to move.

Anyway, I'm fine with merging, I like the post styles and users on both forums, even if I don't check up on .org that much these days, and I think the name badposts.org is fantastic.

We should all move and celebrate the first day with the public flogging of Horseboy, it'd be delightful.
CE
Usurper

Postby Horseboy on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:53 am

what the fuck is wrong with you

Have some German pop music.
Horseboy
Left Tackle

Postby Ace! on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:40 am

If I may speak for everybody...

The things pip is saying are true, and I think there might have been a misunderstanding, at least when it came to the things I said.

My reluctance wasn't to a move, it was to losing the little it felt like we had over here. It wasn't about a schism or any dislike of remod or anyone there. It was losing the comfort we have here, having that comfort being drowned out in a sea of people and ideas and etc. I never thought this place was too slow, because I liked the things that would be discussed here on a daily basis. Yes, not a lot of new things come around, but much about daily life is easily filed away in the megathreads, and that was fine by me. Hell, I'm honestly having a hard time adapting to the new forums. I saw two movies today, and Give Em Hell, Malone was worthy of a new thread, but for The Crazies, I wished I could just stick it in a megathread. Which, I think, is how our last forum experiement worked out.

But, and it's a big one, I'm going to go wherever you guys do. I know we're probably going to lose some people in the move, and that sucks, but we've already lost a lot of people on the way. People up and left, others "defected", etc. I've personally loved seeing people come back recently and I love seeing that old population come back, not because I hold on to what we had in the past, but because I have been out of touch with those people for so long (seriously, fuck you, Facebook, you asshole).

Anyway, I'm up for anything and I'll ride out the growing pains as long as you dudes do.

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Flamewave on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:06 am

I've never felt like this place was dying. Yeah, the number of active people around here has slimmed down a bit, but I've never seen that as a bad thing. The gain is a more focused, comfortable group of people. This is a place I know, filled with people whose opinions I care about even if I don't always agree, and I like it as it is.

I don't want to see that change, to be completely honest. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to have more people, but the more people there are, the more impersonal it gets. Even if I don't contribute around here as much as I probably should I like having somewhere I can post with any seriousness at all on the occasion that I do, and I have trouble with that the more impersonal things are. That's me though, and shouldn't be taken that more people shouldn't post here.

I dunno, if you guys want to burn this place to the ground and start anew elsewhere I can't stop you, but I don't feel like moving. And if you all do move, and I do decide to follow along, for the love of fuck pick something better than badposts.org.
Flamewave
Usurper

Postby Ace! on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:14 am

Ace!
Indy, Cover Your Heart!

Postby Flamewave on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:17 am

Fair enough.
Flamewave
Usurper

Postby gorv on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:18 am

What is going to happen is this: I'm going to lock this forum. We're not going to delete it. Hopefully Remod is going to do the same. Then, we move.

Muse, Effef and a few other made good posts in the remod thread. I'd link them, but remod is slow as shit. Honestly, this isn't about .org being slow or dying, or anything like that. Had this fallen through, we'd have just stayed here as before, no loss.

But this is happening. Both sides have slowed down. The factors that split us years ago aren't issues now, because both sides have grown up. We're cutting the last tether attaching us to OCR, the -mod names. We're our own separate community, and we have been for a looooong time. This is a chance for a clean start and a new opportunity to get fresh blood in here, which is something neither side can do on its own in our current incarnations.

I'm not sure when this is happening, but it will be soon.
gorv
Inertia

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Business!