[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - Music YOU have recorded.

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

Music YOU have recorded.

A forum to discuss music, radio, VOIP, audiobooks, or sounds in general.

Moderator: None

Music YOU have recorded.

Postby The Tromboner on Fri May 08, 2009 4:28 pm

So UnMod, I know a fair few of you are musical types. Do any of you have audio recordings of you playing? I thought maybe here we could share our own work and talk about it.

So, to start us off, I have a few examples of my own recordings!

First off is the most recent one: My Jazz Improv 2 Final Project. I was given a CD, told to write out the lead sheet for the bassist, pianist and drummer coming in (all of whom are amazing and from the Boston Pops, my director knows the coolest people in the world) and then to do whatever you wanted with it. My tune was "Down for Double", and old Count Basie standard. I did my best with it, and it came out alright. I went for it in terms of range, and it paid off in some places, but in other places, notes cracked when I didn't want them to. Basically, I clammed it a lot, and it's not terrible, but I wasn't fully satisfied. Not great, not awful. In terms of creativity, it wasn't my best improv solo. But it wans't awful, so here you go!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/64pity
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Re: Music YOU have recorded.

Postby geko on Fri May 08, 2009 5:54 pm

i once had an alter ego, dj ricebirth and i made 2 songs in fruity loops, wrong door, and napalm hurts. the latter was inspired by worms. they were a joke though i just used a simple drum beat and "randomize" keyboard notes until it sounded like music. hah, actually i think i have a rap about worms laying around somewhere. this is what me and my friends did in highschool, play videogames and make raps.
geko
Alphabet Soup

Postby nivi on Sat May 09, 2009 4:37 pm

m4a >:(
also: the mics should have been a little closer to you guys - it's a little too reverby
otherwise awesome

only thing i've made recently that was entirely recorded was http://www.musicfortheblind.co.uk/music/#Paperwork
usually i use fucktons of synths and shit
nivi
Alphabet Soup

Postby Flamewave on Sun May 10, 2009 5:12 am

Haven't recorded my playing in ages, can't afford a tuba and my guitar playing is mediocre at best. Most I do these days is composing for a FreeSpace 2 mod.

Got some of that mediocre guitar in though.
Flamewave
Usurper

Postby Neimonster on Sun May 10, 2009 5:19 pm

The only thing I still have is a thing I made in an evening with a friend of mine. We basically just sent a .flp back and forth and added a little bit at a time until we got this. Shitty overall, but has some decent parts.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/p1a5qm

Neimonster
Usurper

Postby Blitz on Sun May 24, 2009 3:07 pm

dunno if shitty synth'd stuff is allowed in here but here is a shitty synth song I am working on

http://sites.google.com/site/medicalrob ... /waltz.mp3
Blitz
Oingo Boingo

Postby Red Omen on Sun May 24, 2009 6:19 pm

Red Omen
Sit, Admin, Sit! Good Admin!

Postby Blitz on Sun May 24, 2009 8:00 pm

hell yes
Blitz
Oingo Boingo

Postby Blitz on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:08 am

another song I wrote

sorry for midi - string-ish section is going to be vocals (haven't written lyrics yet)

http://sites.google.com/site/medicalrob ... edirects=0
Blitz
Oingo Boingo

Postby The Tromboner on Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:35 am

We just had our college choir concert, and someone was kind enough to put it on youtube!

I'm the only tenor 1, so any of the high tenor parts you hear are me.

Ezekiel Saw De Wheel-

That soloist is me, by the way.

Richte Mich Gott-

More to come later if anyone is interested!
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby Red Omen on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:51 pm

You guys are good.

Red Omen

Postby The Tromboner on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:16 pm

I will ask my director if we can sing it. I'd love to, personally. Would it be the world debut?
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby Red Omen on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:49 am

I'm planning to have those four movements sung on Nov. 16, but it will be just sixteen singers (four on each part, two when divisi). You'd be the first full choir to do it. I tried getting the choir at my university here to perform it, but the director's a dick and refused to do so even with a year and a half's notice. and have been performed, but not I and II (they're not as good). V and VI have yet to be written.
Red Omen

Postby The Tromboner on Thu May 13, 2010 6:39 pm

Resurrecting an old thread! I've got more jazz to share!

First up is me as the featured soloist on "Trombonanza", a wickedly difficult virtuoso trombone piece. My chops were way too tired going into the piece, but it came out alright!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nx62bi
Next up is a Bb blues that I didn't know I was going to be soloing on, but the solo came out pretty nicely!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/jwf65c
^ Thank you, orual.
The Tromboner
Alphabet Soup

Postby Blitz on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:03 pm

here is a
Blitz
Oingo Boingo

Next

Return to Audio