[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - spiderman poetry thread

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

spiderman poetry thread

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

spiderman poetry thread

Postby Shwenk on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:54 am

okay ill go first

Special person
Powerful jumping skills
Intelligent
Dude is intelligent
Excellent coolness
Ready 2 own U
My mom is nice
And so is my dad
Nobody is as nice as my parents

it spells spider man
Shwenk
Pepsi-Cola

Re: spiderman poetry thread

Postby Flamewave on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:27 am

Wasn't very special
Every day a bore
Bit by a spider
Spiderman was born.
Leaping from the rooftops
Into danger he
Never gives up--
Guess his secret identity?
Every day's a challenge so
Respect his responsibility.

i spelled webslinger
Flamewave
Usurper

Postby Buttercup on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:16 am

This is from an LJ entry I made on April 11th, 2008. I never thought it'd ever be relevant at any other time. It's not spiderman, but it's spider related and a poem. So here it is!

Someone once told me it was bad luck to kill spiders, even if they're in your house, and ever since then I have lived at peace with spiders. Plus they kill other bugs, so they're good to have around. I always make a deal with them though, they stay off my bed and out of my shower and I'll let them live. Violating that deal means instant, and often frantic and terrifying death.

About two weeks ago, I found a large brown spider hanging out on the wall in my bathroom. I made the same deal with him, and he stayed right in that very spot for around two days. He'd move around when I wasn't looking, but I could always see him in my bathroom, far from my shower. I came to think of him as Boris (for anyone that's ever heard the song Boris the Spider), and then I'd start singing "Shpydah! He is our hero!" in my head because of the They Might be Giants song called Spider off Apollo 18, every time I saw him. (I <3 TMbG.) I developed a liking for Boris the Shpydah, and enjoyed looking for him each morning to see where he'd gone to at night.

Then one day, I came into the bathroom and he had rested himself right on top of the towel and wash cloth I have hanging next to the sink. I use these when I wash my face and brush my teeth, so I wasn't really happy to see him there. For that day and the next (since he was there both days), I used the bottom corner of each so as not to disturb him. After around four days of this, I said enough's enough and started blowing on him to get him to move. He just moved to the other side of the towel, which still didn't do. I grabbed my eyeliner pencil and pushed him gently on the butt, but he became kinda frightened and burrowed into the folds of the towel. This was exactly the opposite of what I wanted to happen, so I left him alone for the rest of the day and didn't touch the towel. I didn't see him the following day, and I thoroughly checked the towel too, nor did I see him the day after that.

This morning, while I was getting the shower ready, I noticed a black splotch on the floor next to the tub. I ran to get my glasses, and yup, there was Boris the Shpydah curled into a little ball. Dead. If only I'd let him stay on the towel! I'm gonna burry him in my backyard tonight when I get home, and I wrote a small tribute to Boris I'd like to share with you all.

Boris the Shpydah!
I gave a squeal that was high-pitched
When I saw you by my lightswitch
After recovering from my surprise
You looked friendly in my eyes
So I made the standard deal with you
hoping there'd be no squashing to do

"Keep off of the bed and out of the tub
and you and I will soon be the best of buds"
You kept your part - found places on the walls
I hope you ate bugs that were hidden and small
Boris I called you, after the song from my childhood
"He is our hero!" I'd sing, it was never a falsehood

You crept onto my new pink towel, found it so comfy
and seemed content to stay there daily to monthly
I had to wash my face, and my teeth need brushing
For the first I thought about taking you and flushing
you down the toilet, but my heart felt like breaking
You hadn't broken the rules of the promise we'd taken

I forced you off your plush new home
I guessed after that, the bathroom you roamed
So sad you were to be without pink fluffies
You curled up in a ball to dream of pink puffies
And there you still lay, 'tween the toilet and tub
In discomfort you died, my best shpydah bud

I'll always remember the day we first met
you thought I'd squash you to death I bet!
I'm sorry we couldn't live in harmony and peace
You loved my towels, and my trust did decrease
I'll miss you now that you're gone forever
Other spiders will come, but you're the best ever
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby Shwenk on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:56 pm

so much depends
upon

a red spider
man

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens.
Shwenk
Pepsi-Cola

Postby Horseboy on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Shwenk
Has a big
Wiener
Enemies
Now
Know

Have some German pop music.
Horseboy
Left Tackle

Postby pwb on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:30 pm

spiderman
spiderman
I made this rhyme
while on the can
pwb
is pretty rad!

Postby ploppy on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:11 pm

his web still lingers,
but only for a few hours.
peters formula
was made just to be
temporary

HI SHWENK I MISSED U
ploppy
Angel's Friend

Postby FlankingLine on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:42 pm

there once was a web-slinging fellow
who was red also blue but not yellow
sent to the mortician
by an evil musician
who beat him down dead with a cello
FlankingLine
Immoderator

Postby Shwenk on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Shwenk
Pepsi-Cola

Postby CapnHulk on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:46 pm

Mysterio has a bubble-head
Oh shit
Gwen is dead
CapnHulk
Etymology

Postby mobilisq on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:11 am

spider

.is
a
slinging

man:the

swing
ing;web,of
life

(justice before snow
mobilisq
Chutzpah

Postby Horseboy on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:49 am

Horseboy
Left Tackle

Postby mobilisq on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:15 am

e.e cummings
mobilisq
Chutzpah

Postby Horseboy on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:05 am

yeah but whats the image here

Horseboy
Left Tackle

Postby mobilisq on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:31 pm

am not now nor have ever been a poetry connoisseur

i hacked up an existing poem and threw in relevant words. dont ask me for a dissertation
mobilisq
Chutzpah

Next

Return to Serious Business!