[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UnMod.org • View topic - The Thread of Basic Goodness

UnMod.org

Today I found a new virus on the Internet.

The Thread of Basic Goodness

For general chat. Videogames, music, whatever. Moderated.

Moderator: None

Re: The Thread of Basic Goodness

Postby leokef on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:55 pm

You guys make me so slightly proud.

Had Long John Silver's for dinner tonight. They forgot to include hush puppies in our order, which we didn't find out until we got home. I made a twenty minute drive to go back and get them. Even though they didn't further compensate us for the trouble, I wasn't rude.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Horseboy on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:28 am

I once brought an old drunk hobo woman home because she couldn't manage to do it alone, and she called me an angel from heaven. I sometimes give some spare change to beggars if they're nice and/or can give me a good reason. I used to carry the bags of an old neighbor up to her apartment sometimes, and I took over the staircase cleaning shift of another old neighbor, although he paid me some pocket money for it. I think sometimes I'm just too nice for this world.

Have some German pop music.
Horseboy
Left Tackle

Postby leokef on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:23 pm

I got a call from my New Jersey uncle last night. His computer got infected with some kind of virus/adware. After getting a $300 price quote from Best Buy (for them to wipe the drive apparently), he started looking around for help. I don't think I have ever spoken to this man on the phone before, and I've hardly ever seen him in my life--but somehow he got forwarded to me.

Anyway, it wasn't bad. Forty-five minutes on the phone to guide him through safe mode, have him install Avast, and scan and remove the malware.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby Buttercup on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:05 am

I got the surly-black-woman cashier at wal-mart to laugh and joke with me today, even though she was clearly in a bad mood. I like to think I made her day a little better, because she smiled and greeted the next customer after me, which she didn't do to me at all.
Buttercup
Usurper

Postby leokef on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:10 pm

I went to the post office today. While I was waiting in line, an older woman from a couple spots behind me politely asked the woman ahead of me if she could go next. She said she was only going to be buying stamps, and she looked none too good and sounded out of breath. Nevertheless, this middle-aged woman ahead of me said she was only buying stamps too--and that was that. So after she went up I told the old lady to go ahead of me.

Sheesh, though. Pretty harsh of that woman ahead of me.
leokef
The Sandlot

Postby JM_Zen on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:40 pm

I stealth-tip. Like, when I order food from this local greasy spoon (Fran's Fish & Chips) I wait until the cook turns around, then I quietly deposit a $5 - $10 bill in their tip cup, then go read a magazine while I wait. They get a healthy tip, and have no idea who gave it to them. :cowboy:

True altruism may be impossible, but I like the feeling of doing good anonymously. Makes it feel more honest, you know?

Ayn Rand would puke.
JM_Zen
Cantaloupe Island

Previous

Return to Serious Business!